Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Roundabout Chase CLI..

OK, a few weeks back I call Chase to see if I can get a CLI on my Rewards card. I have a CL of 3500 and opened the card in March.

Im trying to schmooze and talk my way into one but the CR isn't really biting , I'm asking if we can go on acct history, soft pull , whatever to try to get one w/o a hard pull.

Finally after she says let me talk to my supervisor she comes back on and says " I can give you another card for 2000cl with no pull, is that ok ?"

I say sure , I'll take it.

The next day I call and product change my Rewards to a Freedom and wait for it to come.

It arrives today and I call to activate it. The CR says I notice that you have a new card coming out to you, I say yeah and tell her the story, she suggests we combine the cards now to give me the CLI I was originally looking for. It's now 5500.

So the short of it is I got what I wanted just in a roundabout way.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Moderator Emeritus
masdeocho

Re: Roundabout Chase CLI..

WTG! :smileyhappy:
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}