Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined my credit score! Need Help!

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ruined my credit score! Need Help!

I have been enrolled in payment protector since July of 2006. I am currently fighting with Cap1 for the same thing. I will give them a call. I am already having a battle with my former employer they found out I was pregnant never gave me any hours and never called me back I was hospitilized and put on bed rest and thats when they fired me.

I know the payment protector seems to have lots of holes I just wish I would have known this before I got into this situation. I might hire an attorney. I am currently enrolled into a program called Assist with Chase where I have to pay the entire balance with an APR of 6% before the year is over. Which sucks because 60% of the balance is late fees that they charged me (almost 200 a month) I just need to know if there are other options. My credit is suffering.

I had a high fico before now it is 472. I had a Macys card but I paid that off when I was in the hospital only had a dollar left to pay but the account was closed when I was in the hospital.

Its just too much all at once and I just need a bank I can trust in. Now I dont even know why Chase closed my account because in the protector its says my account can still be used. Im just very angry right now. I dont know why I banked with them in the first place.
Message 11 of 14
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

thanks topaz

my sons monthly costs are a battle for me. He is enrolled in alot of programs funded by the state which is helpful. He has teachers that see him twice a week. Im happy I dont have to pay them because the cost is unbelieveable.

The first letter I sent chase was when I found out my son was born blind I told them

1) I just had a baby who can I call to set up my payment protector benefits
2) He is blind so I will not be able to make even the minimum payments
3) I can not work due to his disability for the next 2 years I found that the protector allows me to defer interest and payment until that time

I told them upon receiving the letter I would like to get my benefits. They sent me a letter stating that they received my letter. I still paid and when I could not pay I found out I was never enrolled. I have paid this for almost 2 years so I dont know what to do about this.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tempus
I too am very sorry you are having to go through this. I was not meaning to be discouraging, but after reviewing the "protection service's" they offer on my account, there are many ways they can get out of paying, if they want.

I only paid for it in the event of my death. I am terminally ill. I don't see how they can deny to pay off my accounts in that situation, but it looks as if you try to use it for anything more, there is one or more way's around it. That's why most people will say that by enrolling in protection services is a waste of time and money. I do hope they are able to help you. 
Message 13 of 14
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

After looking at my statements I have paid Chase around 550 dollars for Payment Protector only for them to lower my APR from 29.99% to 6%. I have been paying sice july 06. They enrolled me in december into the ASSIST program in january. They gave me the run around for the longest time until I owed them 2,000. I am angry.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.