Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruining your relationship with amex?

tag
Makersmark23
New Contributor

Ruining your relationship with amex?

I read on here often about " ruining your relationship with amex". I worked in customer service for many years, and principle one is that you serve your customers needs within reason and always go above and beyond to keep them. Other than the obvious failing to comply with the payment terms, how does one mess up a relationship with amex?

I ask because I got a PRG card in April and now realize a BCP is much better for me. When should I cancel the prg and when should I apply for the bcp? I don't want to do this on a way that obstructs my personal needs from getting some of their cards, but I am their customer, so is getting rid of the Prg before the AF is due then asking to switch to BCP a bad move?

Thanks for any advice.
[img]http://s26.postimage.org/vht4qanid/Sallie_Mae_WMC.jpg[/img]
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Ruining your relationship with amex?

Welcome to the forum 

No you won't ruin your relationship with them by closing the card and since being a customer of Amex offers you the opportunity of a SP if denied HP if approved you have nothing to lose.

Facts about Amex

You can only PC charge card to charge card .........Revolver to revolver

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.