Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumor: Amex Hilton Diamond Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else skeptical?

@chfenton wrote:

The only thing I find unusual about this is that I stay at about 60 Hilton's a year and visit their website about once a week.  I have never seen a mention of a Diamond + level.  So unless they intend to create it with the launch of this card, this rumor has you obtaining a status level with the $60,000 spend that I don't believe currently exists?

You're right, it doesn't exist currently but the rumor suggests that a new level would be created by Hilton which would make sense to bring it in line with Hyatt and SPG that offer guaranteed 4 PM checkout and confirmed suite upgrades.

Message 11 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Rumor: Amex Hilton Diamond Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Read about this earlier today.  would be a great card for those that enjoy staying at Hiltons.

I love staying at Hilton hotels but I don't find this card very appealing. Especially since Hilton Diamond doesn't give you much more in perks than Hilton Gold.

Ok, didn't know that.  Figured Diamond status with them was similar to Diamond with other chains.

There is one major benefit that I am aware of, Diamond over gold... Guaranteed reservations. Hilton WILL Bump other confirmed reservations out of a property in order to make a reservation for a diamond member. You are pretty much guaranteed a room, even if the property is at capacity, period. (My ex wife is a supervisor for HRCC - Hilton reservations). 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 12 of 17
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Read about this earlier today.  would be a great card for those that enjoy staying at Hiltons.

I love staying at Hilton hotels but I don't find this card very appealing. Especially since Hilton Diamond doesn't give you much more in perks than Hilton Gold.

Ok, didn't know that.  Figured Diamond status with them was similar to Diamond with other chains.

There is one major benefit that I am aware of, Diamond over gold... Guaranteed reservations. Hilton WILL Bump other confirmed reservations out of a property in order to make a reservation for a diamond member. You are pretty much guaranteed a room, even if the property is at capacity, period. (My ex wife is a supervisor for HRCC - Hilton reservations). 

Diamond members get access to the Executive Lounge plus cash compensation $100-$200, depending on the brand, if you are walked to another property. Also Diamond members earn more points per stay.

Message 13 of 17
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@chfenton wrote:

The only thing I find unusual about this is that I stay at about 60 Hilton's a year and visit their website about once a week.  I have never seen a mention of a Diamond + level.  So unless they intend to create it with the launch of this card, this rumor has you obtaining a status level with the $60,000 spend that I don't believe currently exists?

Something else I noticed in this is that they say you will get "Priority Pass Platinum". Correct me if I am wrong, but the PP that you get through bankcards is PP Select, And on their website I see no mention of a Platinum level of Priority Pass, so if this is real, PP would be creating a new status as well. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 14 of 17
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

Just read an article about rumor of Amex considering a "Diamond" version of the Hilton credit card, possibly to counter Chase's Ritz. Some benefits: $250 travel credit, automiatic diamond status, priority pass platinum. $395 AF

Agree. If you like Hilton, then this would be a good card to have. 

Message 15 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@chfenton wrote:

Something else I noticed in this is that they say you will get "Priority Pass Platinum". Correct me if I am wrong, but the PP that you get through bankcards is PP Select, And on their website I see no mention of a Platinum level of Priority Pass, so if this is real, PP would be creating a new status as well. 

What we get is actually called priority pass "prestige". 

There are 3 levels of PP, standard, standard+, and prestige. 

Priority pass "select" is actually the name of the program, whereas prestige is our rank within the program. The prestige rank is the only one that allows unlimited free visits, and retails for $400. 

I too looked at this and thought it was funny. I've never heard of priority pass platinum. 

This card would also (to my knowledge) be the first to ever receive concierge access through amex, other than the platinum and centurion cards. 

Message 16 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It is also possible that Diamond+ could be their new "secret" elite status.

Marriott has Platinum Premier, which is an unpublished elite level. Hilton might be trying to get in on this market.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.