Did you mean: 

Rumor: Amex to compete with CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent Amex Platinum Announcement.

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's people out there who will defend American Express no matter what. 

I agree, the annoucement was a flop. Might as well not even had an announcement, which should only be reserved for something exciting. 

People would've cheered loudly if their CEO would've stepped down as part of the annoucement. I think that would've given people some positive spin on the company. 

And there are people who will bash Amex no matter what. We get it, you think Amex sucks and for some reason you think Amex is on the brink of bankruptcy and spiraling out of control. 

5x is huge and with MR being as valuable (if not more) than UR, it's a very great addition. Airfare is the biggest single expense (usually) for business trips. If I had this 5x category last year I would have 200-225k MR points. Kinda hard to turn those down.

Why not give it a rest and let people enjoy something instead of being Buzz Killington all the time.

Like I've said before. It would be one thing if I didn't bring up relevant facts about the company and my opinons(s) weren't based on something, or if nobody agreed... But the complete opposite is true. If the company would do something right again, I'd respect them. 

Message 111 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree, the annoucement was a flop. Might as well not even had an announcement, which should only be reserved for something exciting. 

People would've cheered loudly if their CEO would've stepped down as part of the annoucement. I think that would've given people some positive spin on the company. 

And there are people who will bash Amex no matter what. We get it, you think Amex sucks and for some reason you think Amex is on the brink of bankruptcy and spiraling out of control. 

5x is huge and with MR being as valuable (if not more) than UR, it's a very great addition. Airfare is the biggest single expense (usually) for business trips. If I had this 5x category last year I would have 200-225k MR points. Kinda hard to turn those down.

Why not give it a rest and let people enjoy something instead of being Buzz Killington all the time.

Like I've said before. It would be one thing if I didn't bring up relevant facts about the company and my opinons(s) weren't based on something, or if nobody agreed... But the complete opposite is true. If the company would do something right again, I'd respect them. 

The point is that you have repeatedly stated the same things and it's getting old.  You don't need to hijack every thread or post about Amex with your thoughts on the company.  You don't have any of their cards so maybe those of us that do are better at assessing whether a card is worthless or the company is going downhill.  A lot of people are happy about the 5X airfare and they are the ones with the card.  By continuing to argue the same thing your posts appear as if you're doing nothing but trying to stir up trouble and that is a violation of the site's ToS.  We get it that you don't like the company and you don't need to repeat it anymore.  No one else cares whether you respect them or not.  Time to move onto other topics.

Message 112 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The point is that you have repeatedly stated the same things and it's getting old.  You don't need to hijack every thread or post about Amex with your thoughts on the company.  You don't have any of their cards so maybe those of us that do are better at assessing whether a card is worthless or the company is going downhill.  A lot of people are happy about the 5X airfare and they are the ones with the card.  By continuing to argue the same thing your posts appear as if you're doing nothing but trying to stir up trouble and that is a violation of the site's ToS.  We get it that you don't like the company and you don't need to repeat it anymore.  No one else cares whether you respect them or not.  Time to move onto other topics.

And most are not. I've commented on plenty of topics. Analyze my profile bud. 

If I quote someone who made a post and I agree, it's not ToS. People that pick out my post and then start an argument is against ToS. 

Message 113 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure they will, because swipes are slowly going away via other payment methods. High interchange fees on credit cards will never go away as long as Durbin keeps his paws out of the bank's business in favor of the merchants. Look how much he damaged the debit card industry. 

The chip migration will be fine. Other, small countries took a few years to implement it correctly, the same will go here. 

There are currently several lawsuits about it pending in the courts, one in particular which would shut down the liability shift entirely if the plantiffs win. I wouldn't call that "going well". 

BTW if the liability shift ends up getting banned, Visa/MC would likely have to drop swipe fees or offer other incentives to get retailers to keep processing the chip. Otherwise it's very possible everyone will just disable chip support entirely.

Message 114 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure they will, because swipes are slowly going away via other payment methods. High interchange fees on credit cards will never go away as long as Durbin keeps his paws out of the bank's business in favor of the merchants. Look how much he damaged the debit card industry. 

The chip migration will be fine. Other, small countries took a few years to implement it correctly, the same will go here. 

There are currently several lawsuits about it pending in the courts, one in particular which would shut down the liability shift entirely if the plantiffs win. I wouldn't call that "going well". 

BTW if the liability shift ends up getting banned, Visa/MC would likely have to drop swipe fees or offer other incentives to get retailers to keep processing the chip. Otherwise it's very possible everyone will just disable chip support entirely.

I agree. I saw your other threads and replied accordingly. 

Message 115 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.