Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumor has it the Orchard card will be discontinued

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rumor has it the Orchard card will be discontinued

The currently issued cards will not be closed but they will quit offering the card in the future.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rumor has it the Orchard card will be discontinued

It's a great rebuilder card, but once you can go prime.  It's almost useless.  They just won't give me a CLI.

Message 2 of 11
wajj
Contributor

It is a nice rebuilder card.

But, I hope it stays around for existing cardholders.  I have the 2% cash back version, they've dropped my annual fee to $39/yr, and after calling customer service religiously, I have a $1400 CL (up from the initial $500).

If I play my cards right, I can cycle $700-$1000 per month through it (I pay many of my expenses with it) and get about $150.00 in cash back each year.

Message 3 of 11
heirophant
Established Contributor

Do we have a source for this rumor?
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@heirophant wrote:
Do we have a source for this rumor?

This was posted over at CB. I tend to believe the poster who provided this info. 

Message 5 of 11
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

My wife just got an email today telling her to apply for a second orchard card. So I think they are still issuing cards for the time being. She already has an Orchard card. I have two Orchard cards myself. Their not bad for rebuilding. They have pretty much left my account alone. I did have them lower my cash advance amount sometime last year but that doesn't affect me any. The interest rate has stayed the same while other cards of mine have increased (the suppossed "prime" cards).

Overall, I am going to dump them sometime this year because Orchard has served its purpose but it is what it is and I can't really complain much.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 6 of 11
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Got rid of Orchard yesterday.  No regrets. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't repeat anything I read on creditboards, except their listing on ripoffreport. The info was gleaned from fatwallet.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i closed my orchard last week also. no regrets
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The currently issued cards will not be closed but they will quit offering the card in the future.

Good riddens......Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.