Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rut-Ro....GEMB CLD everywhere

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Rut-Ro....GEMB CLD everywhere

and I figured it out.  We charged our European vacation and it hit the CRA's.  That made us look highly utilized!  The interest check from our annuity should be here in time to pif that card before it reports again.

So far, GEMB has hit is TWICE this week.  Yesterday I received a CLD notice from Wal-Mart....for $100.  Not that I shop a bunch at Wal-Mart but I did buy a lot of plastic ware to redo the basement organization project. 

Guess I'll stick to cash or checks or NFCU Visa. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Rut-Ro....GEMB CLD everywhere

Sorry to hear it! GEMB has really been reducing exposure lately.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 14
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I had decreases a couple of months ago to both my Gap and my Chevron.  I figured they were going to reduce some more but they haven't *crosses fingers*  Do you have any other GEMB besides Walmart?

Message 3 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Yes, they cld Dillards to $100 from $2100.  I also have a Lowes, which I am sure is next.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Dillard's AMEX was increased...
Message 5 of 14
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My Dillard's Store card received a cli on April 6th of $500 to $2100.  I noticed this week that they chopped me to $100.  I rarely shop at Dillards anyway, twice per year on average.  Macy's is right next door and I prefer their coupons and sales....
Message 6 of 14
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

So far I'm still safe (Ikea and Old Navy).  I was just waiting for them to knock down the Ikea card -- esp since I just purchased about 900 bucks of furniture and stuff on it, but so far so good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 7 of 14
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

I've been on the receiving end of their hatchet since late November.

CareCredit  5500> closed

Care credit   500> closed

Lowes visa cld 4000 to 3090 (gave 100 over my balance as I was remodeling kitchen)

Walmart  cld 550 to 124

As soon as GEMB started this, the others, BoA, Discover, Chase and RBS followed suit though not as drastic.  But Hooters gave me a cli of 300 on my one year anniversary!!  Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 acconts with GE they soft all 3 of my accounts with them every month on the same day i wonder should i worry lol. If they CLD what can i do if they ever close my accounts i will never shop in the store again.
Message 9 of 14
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Trishco wrote:

I've been on the receiving end of their hatchet since late November.

CareCredit  5500> closed

Care credit   500> closed

Lowes visa cld 4000 to 3090 (gave 100 over my balance as I was remodeling kitchen)

Walmart  cld 550 to 124

As soon as GEMB started this, the others, BoA, Discover, Chase and RBS followed suit though not as drastic.  But Hooters gave me a cli of 300 on my one year anniversary!!  Smiley Tongue

Trishco, how long had your CareCredit accounts been idle?  I have a $5,000 CL with them that's been idle for about 3 mo. and I noticed they are pulling a soft every month.  I'm wondering if I should use them for new glasses or something I could PIF in order to get off their radar.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.