cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account holders

I was looking through my EX softpulls and some company named :

R AND R FURNITURE

Address:
502 W 31ST ST
SAVANNAH GA 31415
No phone number available

pulled a soft on 09/02/09

I am currently opted out, and my EX is frozen............however, why would a small furniture store in a state I never lived in pull a soft on me? i m from new england !!!! that store does not exist in new england at all !

when i googleld about it i found out that there are 100s of people or maby more who noticed the same thing the strange thing is the date of the soft pull is all the same 9/2/2009 and they all have a macys card !!?    ....there is somebody out there who got my adress phone # , SS # ..what should i do ?

edited to specify the precise issue (for stickying)
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 06:44 PM
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:43 PM
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: S.O.S .............FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports

I just pulled EX today and was wondering about R&R which soft-pulled on 9/2/09 also.

Yep - have Macy's.  How did you make the connection between Macy's & R&R?

edited for new title
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 06:45 PM
Message 2 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: S.O.S .............FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports

OK guys. I have it too. There is a big (309 posts) thread on CB. People called FBI, Savannah PD, FTC, DOJ and EXP. Most likely as per CB it connected to Macy's accounts (common credit card to all "victims") Experian says it is a coding mistake which is a b*llsh*t. Some people say that experian started to erase this soft pull, so print it out for future class action.

edited to add new title
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 06:45 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 46
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I will be looking for this next direct pull of EX. (Within a week.)

If I find it I won't be too happy with a $2 payout from a class action suit. I would prefer the $'s for an FCRA violation.

edited to add new title
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 06:46 PM
Message 4 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

It is very unclear what happened and whose fault it is, Macy's or Experian or most likely both.

I would say, just watch your accounts frequently and freeze it if possible. BTW, my EXP is frozen and I opted out, so there are a plenty of violations to sue for.

edited to add new title
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:42 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i m not the only one in this board !!

what should one do about it ? is it a case of mass id theft or what ?

who should we contact about this matter Experian , macys or the FBI

i just dont understand how could they have access to my reoport knowing that its been frozen for months + opt out !

what worries me most is R & R Furniture has only 2 stores in the usa and both are located in texas according to thier website ...2 and softing people all over the usa to me this is no glitch

also i think this soft pull is meant to be a hard pull but turned into a soft as my report is frozen !

should we close or cancel macys accounts ?

edited title again to further specify those at risk
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:42 PM
Message 6 of 46
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: S.O.S ...FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account holders

I wouldn't do anything until you get more info. Usually when something like this happens, there's some sort of sensible national response within about 72 hours. If you have a credit monitoring system that lets you pull daily reports, I'd pull them just to see what's up.

In the meantime, do as wmarat advised, and print out and/or save to your hard drive the current soft report. You will want to have documentation that this actually happened, especially as your report was frozen.

I don't want to minimize the risk, but as a personal example, our mortgage info was shopped, but nothing (so far) has come of it. What might have happened in your case is that someone figured how to access the info, but they don't have a buyer/ end-user. So yes, your data has been compromised, but that doesn't necessarily mean that someone is going ape with it now.

Good luck!

edited again to further specify those at risk
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:43 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 46
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Sorry to say but you are not special.

Sit tight and watch the show.

@Anonymous wrote:

so i m not the only one in this board !!

what should one do about it ? is it a case of mass id theft or what ?

who should we contact about this matter Experian , macys or the FBI

i just dont understand how could they have access to my reoport knowing that its been frozen for months + opt out !

what worries me most is R & R Furniture has only 2 stores in the usa and both are located in texas according to thier website ...2 and softing people all over the usa to me this is no glitch

also i think this soft pull is meant to be a hard pull but turned into a soft as my report is frozen !

should we close or cancel macys accounts ?

edited to further specify those at risk
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:58 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 46
Established Contributor

Kudos to Hauling and wmarat for solid advice to all members!Smiley Happy

edited to further specify those at risk (thanks, plasticman! Smiley Wink )
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2009 07:59 PM
Message 9 of 46
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

They also softed me. I didn't think to much about it though. I also have a Macy's account. I suppose I will just sit tight and keep an eye out with regards to my CR's.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.