cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account holders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

Just checked report and the soft pull is gone..... I hate experian, and would love to go after them for this, but in all honesty, is it worth it? Where would it lead?
Message 21 of 46
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

Money works for me!

Them making it disappear could be yet another violation!

Message 22 of 46
Takunda1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just checked report and the soft pull is gone..... I hate experian, and would love to go after them for this, but in all honesty, is it worth it? Where would it lead?

Soft inquiry now shows up under Macy's on 9/2/2009.
Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Takunda!
Message 24 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't look before today, but as of right now...my Exp shows a pull from Macy's 9/2/2009.
Message 25 of 46
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Are you saying the INQ formerly coded as R and R became Macy's?
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally can't say....I never looked before today to see if I had a R&R, but as of today I have a Macy's inq for 9/2?
Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a soft from Macys on 9-2-09, I have a few others as well, so it looks like Macys softs my exp about every 3 months or so. The problem I have with this is experian will not budge to clean up other inaccuracies, but they will sweep their mistake under the rug in a heartbeat. They always report negative items beyond the specified time periods, and their customer service is always nothing but **bleep**ty attitude.
Message 28 of 46
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Yes, Macy's softs EX regularly for every cardholder. Where do you suppose the information comes from to grant those wonderful GLI's everybody loves? On the other hand if your EX report goes in the crapper watch what happens to your GL/CL.

As for your misreporting that is probably an issue for another thread. This urgent R and R matter should prolly remain the focus here.

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, now that the dust has settled (at least in the CB thread) ... it appears to be a 9/2 Macys soft pull that was miscoded and displayed on the reports as "R and R". Experian seems to have deleted the inquiry in a few cases where people complained directly. On the remaining 99.9% of the affected reports, Experian has corrected the inquiry to display "Macys".

To me, the remarkable aspect of this story is that it took so long for Experian to correct the error. Even though the inquiry is dated 9/2, it didn't show up and start to be noticed until just a few days ago. It seems like Experian should have had sufficient time to catch the error and fix it before it was noticed by so many people.

Anyway, unless wasted time and semi-hysteria can be quantified as damages, I don't know that there are any real monetary rewards to be pursued from this snafu ... Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Revike on 09-17-2009 10:22 PM
Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.