cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account holders

Valued Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

OK, alleged owener of this furniture store has just made appearance on CB, claiming that they (owner and her

father) have nothing to do with this scam and asking to stop calling her phone. She says they are broken and there is no chance they can pay for so many pulls.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Established Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold


wmarat wrote:

OK, alleged owener of this furniture store has just made appearance on CB, claiming that they (owner and her

father) have nothing to do with this scam and asking to stop calling her phone. She says they are broken and there is no chance they can pay for so many pulls.


This is completely believable, particularly from a furniture store owner these days!

 

What is that old saying, something to the effect that, bad press is better than no press at all.

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-16-2009 08:14 PM
Valued Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

I do not know. I do not understand much about computers. There were rumors that Macy's was about to start new risk managment software in the beginning of 09/2009., pull made 09/02. Somehow, could they code themselves as R&R furniture? or EXP coded it wrongly (do not believe it). Anyhow FBI, SPD, EXP, Macy's Fraud Department, a few AG ofices, DOJ, FTC and media made aware of this soft pull. I think CB people missed White House, CIA and IRS otherwise any possible federal agency at least knows about it.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Senior Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold


plasticman wrote:

wmarat wrote:

OK, alleged owener of this furniture store has just made appearance on CB, claiming that they (owner and her

father) have nothing to do with this scam and asking to stop calling her phone. She says they are broken and there is no chance they can pay for so many pulls.


This is completely believable, particularly from a furniture store owner these days!

 

What is that old saying, something to the effect that, bad press is better than no press at all.


When I worked for the major cruise line we loved bad press. Some of us were master closers and anything that made the phone ring was money on the table!

Frequent Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

I was just about to ask about this, I have a macys account and noticed the same soft. My Ex is frozen, and I am also opted out. What I would like to know, how can anyone I do not have a financial relationship with pull my files if they are frozen?
Valued Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

Let your lawer to direct this question to Experian.

 


going2tdc wrote:
I was just about to ask about this, I have a macys account and noticed the same soft. My Ex is frozen, and I am also opted out. What I would like to know, how can anyone I do not have a financial relationship with pull my files if they are frozen?

 

 

IN VINO VERITAS.
Established Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

This is interesting. SInce I just got my Macy's yesterday I read all the fine print on the app.  It talked about having the option to opt out of their shared info to their affiliates or outside financial institutions, etc.  There was an opt out 1 which means you would only allow them to share info with their affiliates who are the in the citi family, bloomingdale's, nordstrom, etc.  And then there is an opt out 2 which is everyone.  Since I live in California I was automatically opted out of 1.  There was only 1 other state that was listed.  If you live in the remaining 48 states you would have to initiate the opting out.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

Nordstrom is not a Citi related entity.
Established Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

I wasn't sure of that, but it does list Nordstrom as an affiliate. It also lists Citi separately. Sorry for the confusion!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor

Re: S.O.S ......FRAUD in the making ! --R AND R FURNITURE soft on EX reports for Macy's account hold

The Macy's terms list Nordstrom as a related entity? Very interesting. Nordstrom is not a Macy's owned store and their CC is issued by Nordstrom Bank, which is fully owned by Nordstrom, Inc. So I fail to see a connection. Here is some interesting information on Nordstrom credit:

 

http://www.starkmanassociates.com/blogs/eric/giving-credit-to-nordstrom-bank/

 

Perhaps Citi handles the processing for Nordstrom. If so I don't see how that would make them related enough to allow information sharing.