Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMS CC QUESTION

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

SAMS CC QUESTION

First off let me say I shop at Sam's Club probably twice a month spend around $500 a month counting gas, I don't have a Sam's CC just membership my question is I was in line the lady swiped my club card and asked me if I'd like to get a Sam's CC I told her no thanks I am wondering if they ask that randomly or if when she swiped my club card she might of got a pop up to ask me to apply I've never had them ask me that before they only asked to upgrade to the plus membership which I've never done
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SAMS CC QUESTION

Usually they ask everyone if the membership does not show an existing account

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They ask everyone.

The MC is pretty good, though, if you don't mind the annual redemption check over monthly redemption options.  

Sam's Club Plus is worth it IF you spend enough every year.  They give you $10 back for every $500 you spend (compiled annually - I dunno what the heck it is about annual redemptions, heh) so if you spend enough to earn back at least $100 annually you essentially get a free Sam's membership, and any more than that is icing.  My mom has the MasterCard and Sam's Club Plus, so her MasterCard is essentially an annual fee free cash back card (and yes, you can stack them but they're separate redemptions).

Message 3 of 4
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Tomgon1981 wrote:
First off let me say I shop at Sam's Club probably twice a month spend around $500 a month counting gas, I don't have a Sam's CC just membership my question is I was in line the lady swiped my club card and asked me if I'd like to get a Sam's CC I told her no thanks I am wondering if they ask that randomly or if when she swiped my club card she might of got a pop up to ask me to apply I've never had them ask me that before they only asked to upgrade to the plus membership which I've never done

If they ask about the CC, sometimes it's preapproved already, and can be for any of the following four types:

Personal Line of Credit (PLoC)

Dual Card (Mastercard)

Business Retail Card (BRC)

Business Dual Card (Mastercard)

Sometimes they offer incentives of $10 or $20 for the cards, although usually only for the personal versions if approved and a specified amount spent that day.

The Plus membership is an extra fee, offers rewards for Sams Club spending, but isn't a line of credit. It's only really worth it if you buy a lot at Sams.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.