Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCORE BOOST - WOO-WOO

tag
csd456
Established Member

SCORE BOOST - WOO-WOO

So, I have been waiting patiently last 3 days to see jump in score after CRA's update to new zero balances on CC's that were paid off.  (Was at 95% utilization, on total of about 14K CL).   CCC statements closed on 5/2, and must have just updated at the CRA's today.  I pulled EQ FICO just now, as well as EX FAKO. Weird but Chase balance did not update on EQ, but all others did. ?

Nonetheless, scores jumped big time:

EXP FAKO (5/2): 714, (5/5): 774

EQ FAKO (5/2): 706, EQ FICO (5/5): 768 (and still shows Chase with old BAL of 5600)

TU (5/4): 690 (still showed high util/no bal. updates yet)

Goes to show how heavily utilzation is weighted.  I think I should be ready to ask for some CLI's or apply for a new product!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: SCORE BOOST - WOO-WOO

That's absolutely outstanding, csd456!  Nice, nice increase!!

Congratulations!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice pay down, and nice score boost!

Congrats!

Message 3 of 6
csd456
Established Member

Thanks!  Now to find the best offer...should have a little more "bargaining" power with these scores.  

Message 4 of 6
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Now would be a great time to ask for CLI on all of your cards (Well, those who don't require hard inquiries, so not Chase). And why not ask for APR decrease while you're at it. You've got nothing to lose. But make sure you tell the CSR you don't want your credit report pulled.

The thing about credit is that when you need it most you're not able to get it. So when you have plenty, you should get some more.

Message 5 of 6
csd456
Established Member

I'll post this update under "business credit" as well but thought I should update here since I started the "woo" thread.

Approved today for a BofA "Business Cash Rewards" card.  CL of $7500!  Pulled TU.

The noteworthy backstory:  took my fresh new scores (all but TU had updated, still showing only a 690 today) and headed out into the market.  First stop: Chase. You're right, they won't do a CLI without hard pull.  Next stop: BofA, expecting they pull from EX and that I could get one hard pull for a CLI on the personal card as well as apply for new Biz card.

Applied over the phone since the online app asks for a Tax ID #, etc.  CS told me they have different req's over the phone than online.  Applying via phone, you can apply as "sole proprietorship" which basically means it's in my name/SSN, although they ask questions about my business (I have a very small side business).  After completing the app, she directed me to a CA.  Answered some more questions and was approved at 7500 CL.

The interesting part is they pulled TU and it was 60-80 points less than the other two as it still showed a high Chase balance.  He mentioned this and I told him it's paid and can prove it.  He said "I believe you based on your payment activity and the fact that you offered the proof.  The $7500 CL takes that into consideration, which is the most I could offer anyway based on your other open accounts, history and CL's."

All that work and proudness of the new scores and he pulled the one that hadn't updated!  But, got a pretty nice one anyway!  Oh, but he said they would need to do two hard pulls to include the personal card CLI req.  I think I'll wait a bit and give that a try.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.