cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREW AMERICAN EXPRESS! Please help - haven't been here a while and I don't know what to do!

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: SCREW AMERICAN EXPRESS! Please help - haven't been here a while and I don't know what to do!

@Catch22 wrote:
The FICO algorithm is definitely NOT in the consumer's favor.

Nor was it ever meant to be.  FICO is in the business of keeping its customers happy, and the CONSUMER IS NOT THE CUSTOMER - the Banks and CCCs and Mortgage and Auto companies are its customers.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCREW AMERICAN EXPRESS! Please help - haven't been here a while and I don't know what to do!

netpanther wrote: 

They said the late was not going to report- they said they don't report lates that are less than 30 days, and they also said my late wasn't even considered late- they had a 10 day grace period. I don't know about that- and I also know that I am kicking myself in the pants that I didn't set up autopay a long time ago. I'll tell you the reason I didn't set it up- I could set it up online and I had to wait at least three week (maybe four) for the paperwork to get here, and I didn't send it back.

I will wait on this decision to close. But I am going to close my HSBC w/ it's 500 limit- I paid the 59 dollar AF once and I will not pay it again.

ETA- oh, one more thing- I'm not apping for anything more. I haven't app'd since last year, and my goal is to pay off the tuition that I had to pay so far. I want to be able to pay off everything and be debt free. I figure I don't need any more credit anyway.

TIA.

ETA- I don't mean that I am so perfect I don't need credit, what I mean is that I have enough CL's, I want to focus on paying off the 3 CC's and the HEL, and then start making extra principal payments on our mortgage.

Message Edited by netpanther on 10-08-2008 04:16 PM
Message Edited by netpanther on 10-08-2008 04:19 PM

I do wonder if the timing of this was somewhat coincidental. In the past I always paid from my bank on the due date, resulting in payments actually posting a few days late. My wife was even worse, usually paying a week late. We never had late fees, nothing. The payment was always in full. I know things have tightened up and maybe a couple of days late makes AMEX go snooping now. I just can't imagine, even now, AMEX whacking every person's who is a couple of days late credit limit. But what do I know? Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.