cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCREW UP FROM ALLIANT CREDIT UNION AND IT DOES NOT STOP!!!!!!!!!!

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: SCREW UP FROM ALLIANT CREDIT UNION AND IT DOES NOT STOP!!!!!!!!!!

@wmarat wrote:

Good advice

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

If you still have an extra INQ reporting and you would like to have it moved they can do it and have indicated a willingness to do so. All you have to do is pick up the phone and ask. Were it my account I would be calling.

indeed.  why not give it a go Vee-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 31 of 45
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Boring manager during lunchtime posting on MyFico, where is a care?

@ocheosa wrote:
Wow, this was a great day for Alliant! I've remained quiet because as you all know I am very happy with this CU. I am extremely pleased to see management step in (on a forum no less) and prove they do care about their customers! Kudos! 

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 32 of 45
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

Boring manager during lunchtime posting on MyFico, where is a care?

@ocheosa wrote:
Wow, this was a great day for Alliant! I've remained quiet because as you all know I am very happy with this CU. I am extremely pleased to see management step in (on a forum no less) and prove they do care about their customers! Kudos! 

wmarat, the care is - he didn't have to do it. Have you seen a PenFed, AMEX, Chase, Citi or any other rep respond to someone on this forum to initiate a resolution. Maybe its just me, but I am one who appreciates the phone call to inquire if I am happy with services rendered. Heck my car dealer calls on the anniversary of my car purchase. And you know what - I refer everyone I know to that dealership. In a nutshell a little goes a long way, especially in the current climate.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 33 of 45
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I gave my Kudos for his appearance here. It is very welcomed step whatever his reasons are. I wish we would see more reps here. But let's wait and see results.

I for a change do not value phone call, but favorable results.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 34 of 45
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Ok I spoke with my LO yesterday and we got everything resolved I received the lower percentage rate and lower payments for the 5k unsecured loan, he took the steps to delete the inq and he is fedexing the checks for the credit card companies overnight and I will receive them on Tues. So I'm happy with the outcome this will pay off all of my cc's, my question now is how much do I keep on a cc to get the best score and how many cards should I keep a bal on?  I have 6 cc's.
Message 35 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@favor4me2 wrote:
Ok I spoke with my LO yesterday and we got everything resolved I received the lower percentage rate and lower payments for the 5k unsecured loan, he took the steps to delete the inq and he is fedexing the checks for the credit card companies overnight and I will receive them on Tues. So I'm happy with the outcome this will pay off all of my cc's, my question now is how much do I keep on a cc to get the best score and how many cards should I keep a bal on?  I have 6 cc's.

For best FICO score:

Balance on one CC, total utilization between 1% and 9%, the lower the better but > 0.

Message 36 of 45
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Is that a balance that would carry over every month? my credit cards total $7500 or pay in full and leave a 0 bal?
Message 37 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@favor4me2 wrote:
Is that a balance that would carry over every month? my credit cards total $7500 or pay in full and leave a 0 bal?

For maximum FICO score you would allow a balance of < 9% of $7500 = $675 to report on one card, You will see some additional improvement as that amount decreases from $675.

If you can't manage that make sure you report a balance on no more that two revolving TL's and keep the % utilization on those two cards as low as possible. (Assuming the loan you are getting is an installment loan and you have no other installment loans.)

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-25-2009 10:15 PM
Message 38 of 45
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

So your saying I should keep a bal of $675 on a card at all times? That would defeat my purpose in paying off the cards. Do I pay it off at some point or just keep paying it down? Next month all my cards will report a 0 bal. Also I do have a recent car loan of 30k

Message 39 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@favor4me2 wrote:

So your saying I should keep a bal of $675 on a card at all times? That would defeat my purpose in paying off the cards. Do I pay it off at some point or just keep paying it down? Next month all my cards will report a 0 bal. Also I do have a recent car loan of 30k

I think this was pretty clear:

For best FICO score:

Balance on one CC, total utilization between 1% and 9%, the lower the better but > 0.

You need to report a balance on one card. There is no need for you to incur a finance charge.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.