Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT & Justice

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

SCT & Justice

I am really wanting the Justice card... has anyone had the SCT work on this site? If so can you please share data Points. My scores as of today EX 606  EQ 594 TU 578.

**** Edit...just saw that Justice is now with Captial One****   So with that in mind my Maurcies card Just switched to Cap One in Dec and  I also just got a Cap One  Visa in Dec.. any idea on chances of approval? I spend alot of money there. 

Thanks in Advance

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT & Justice

I was just about to comment that Justice is now with Cap1..........

@Cheryla18 wrote:

I am really wanting the Justice card... has anyone had the SCT work on this site? If so can you please share data Points. My scores as of today EX 606  EQ 594 TU 578.

**** Edit...just saw that Justice is now with Captial One****   So with that in mind my Maurcies card Just switched to Cap One in Dec and  I also just got a Cap One  Visa in Dec.. any idea on chances of approval? I spend alot of money there. 

Thanks in Advance

I do not know how likely you are to be approved but I do wish you luck!

I got my Kohls card before I had started generating a fico credit score..... If they run Justice like they do the Kohls charge you will most likely start out with a low limit.

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Becareful of trying to get too many SCT Cards even if you feel those are all you can get. Comenity does like to AA for too many accounts. Other than that good luck if you decide to go for it.Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Thanks in Advance

DepDep  is correct.  Justice card is with Cap 1.   I closed the card because it would not grow.  I only got it up to $900 and it would not go any further.  When it was with Comenity Bank, I got approved with a score of 640.  I got Kohl's which is another Cap 1 store card with a score close to 600 3 years ago, so I would at least maybe get your score up to 620 before trying.  Not sure how their underwriting is in regards to store cards.  I shop there alot to for my daughter, but Justice was my smallest limit and it just would not go any higher.

Good luck and let us know what  you decide to do. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your Maurice's card was able to change to Cap1 I would think you would have the same luck with a Justice card. If it's one you want and will use, than go for it Smiley Happy Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Becareful of trying to get too many SCT Cards even if you feel those are all you can get. Comenity does like to AA for too many accounts. Other than that good luck if you decide to go for it.Smiley Happy

I would like everyons thoughts on this...as  far as Comenity closing accts....from what I can get after skimming through some of those posts, Isn't it generally after someone who has store cards that then gets  a Visa or Mastercard of theirs? I would like any info regarding this.  

So i did have 2 but my Maurcies transferred to Cap One in Dec. Wonder how that will be viewed.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cheryla18 wrote:

I would like everyons thoughts on this...as  far as Comenity closing accts....from what I can get after skimming through some of those posts, Isn't it generally after someone who has store cards that then gets  a Visa or Mastercard of theirs? I would like any info regarding this.  

So i did have 2 but my Maurcies transferred to Cap One in Dec. Wonder how that will be viewed.

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Hi Cheryla18.

I don't believe if I've seen any specific data points in regard to Comenity Bank shutting down account if one has applied to a different lender.  As Justice is now with Cap 1, I

@Cheryla18 wrote:

Hi Cheryla.

I don't recall seeing any data points in regards to Comenity Bank shutting down accounts after applying with another lender, but that could be possible.  Since Justice is with Cap 1, the SCT wouldn't apply; you would need to straight up apply and that would get you a HP. I'm not sure who they would HP for the card since when I had it, it was with Comenity Bank, but since Cap 1 has the Kohl's portfolio, I know that they pulled EQ will I got the card 3 years ago.  Comenity has shut down both store accounts and Visa/MCs.  INQs seems to be the trigger related to them.  I have several account with Comenity with limits over $10k, the last being Pottery Barn that I got 8 months ago, My last INQ was 6 months ago when I got the BoA Cash Rewards card, so there is no rhyme or reason with them and how and when they decide to strike. 

Only you can decide if the risk is worth applying.  I have a Kohl's card with a $3k limit and it stopped growing a long time ago, so the Justice card probably won't grow that much either.  If you hold out for another 5 months, then you could apply for another Cap 1 card that has the potential of growing more than the Justice card.

Have a great week. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.