cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT pre-approvals tempting ( just venting here)

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

SCT pre-approvals tempting ( just venting here)

Hey All

Just kind of talking ( typing) my thoughts.  Nothing really to see here.  I'm now just addicted to this site LOL

So I just got my Wayfair card in the mail, 4k cl ( yes!!)  Can't wait for that to hit my reports.

BUT along with that card was a letter from Sportsman saying I was pre-approved for a VISA

I also got  emails from JCrew and Overstock for pre-approvals.  

I want to get these offers .... well at least Overstock seeing that there is a high probability that its a SP.  But I don't want anything to mess up my upward trend to accomplish 3 important goals.   I don't want to go back down the bowels of FICO score hell NEVER EVER again.

Goals

1.  somehow get AMEX to raise my CL on the Everday card to lower my util and for them to pre-approve me for another card like Delta Gold. They keep sending me pre-approvals for a Business card, but I don't have a business?!?!?!

2. hopefully get 3 collectins remove by goodwill and in a couple months then join Penfed and get a VISA with a sustantial limit

3.  next year be able to get a 50K personal loan to get a few other things not credit related straighten out.  This actually should be the 1st goal.

Right now my scores are all above 700.  Highest is 721.  AAoA 10yrs+ 2 hard inquires that fall off this year.   Medical Collections and balance on a closed CC seem to be the only thing holding me down.

I'll keep saying it, you guys on this site are great!!!   I have gained some really valuable knowledge from reading you all here.  THANKS!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: SCT pre-approvals tempting ( just venting here)

You might wanted to post this under Credit Cards forum instead of Approvals.

But it's ok, everything gets sorted eventually LoL

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT pre-approvals tempting ( just venting here)

Great job on your progress now I see you on a threshold where you don't really need store cards nearly as much. Pull back. I have shopped both Overstock and Wayfair. Although overstock has a selection of a lot more categories of items, wayfair home goods with free ship is better.. And prices elsewhere are better on amazon or ebay before O and wayfair. You probably can qualify for an Amazon card. Amazon Prime serves a household better.
If your bad marks are on one bureau and not another try to look up lenders who pull the more cleaner bureau even if the score is lower numerically. If you shop at J.Crew I'll go against what is abovee and go for that if you need padding. that one does some ridiculous padding, it gets discussed time and time again.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.