Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Be careful

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

SDFCU Be careful

I have an account and SDFCU keeps HP my credit file without my applying for anything. The reps are worthless and all they do is transfer you all around and say they can pull it for what ever reason they want and had to call EX to get it removed form my file as the bank the reps will not help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: SDFCU Be careful

@corymcd88 wrote:

I have an account and SDFCU keeps HP my credit file without my applying for anything. The reps are worthless and all they do is transfer you all around and say they can pull it for what ever reason they want and had to call EX to get it removed form my file as the bank the reps will not help.

I recently got turned down for membership because they couldn't "identify" me without my coming into a branch.

I figured better to stay away from a stupid organization like that.

Your post makes me think I was right.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

What types of products were the INQs for?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you have had a problem with them. My experience has been the opposite. Very cordial and easy to to deal. I have a savings account and a personal loan and so far have been very pleased. Again, sorry your experience has not been good. 

Message 4 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

What types of products were the INQs for?

SDFCU could not 100% say for sure. The reps said CC then loan. Then I said I will contact the CRA and the FTC and that got them moving on finding out what it was for.

Message 5 of 8
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I recently got turned down for membership because they couldn't "identify" me without my coming into a branch.

I figured better to stay away from a stupid organization like that.

Your post makes me think I was right.

If you check google and do a SDFCU reviews and look not good. Stay away!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As with any financial institution you will find people who swear by them as well as people who swear at them. I've had good experience with SDFCU but each individual must make their own decision. If asked, I would recommend them. I do not make it a habit of recommending or not recommending a company unless asked. Here it is different, if you post you're inviting it. My point is simply this YMMV, if I see many negative comments about a company and few positive I probably would not use that company. 

Message 7 of 8
thummel
Established Contributor

Any bank I feel like could either be really good or really bad. In my honest opinion it just depends on who your dealing with directly that can make or break an experience. There's plenty of times when someone at chase for example couldn't fix my problem and I kept calling until someone could. Doesn't mean I Won't do business with them though.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.