Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Re: SDFCU Chip and Pin Smart Card Visa

@DaveSignal wrote:

I am pretty sure I gave them earnings statements for the past 2 months.  I don't remember giving them tax statements.  I went in expecting a conservative lender, and I knew my scores would be at the very low range of what they would approve, but I wanted that EMV card with PIN and I was relentless to get it.  If they requested my tax returns, I would have found them, signed them, and sent them.

I sent mine in right away. Hoping for an approval...

Message 11 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

Well, I immediately tried to explain myself over the phone when I got the call stating I was denied the card.  The rep put some notes in my account and told me that they only would consider my request for reconsideration if it was in writing.  And so I wrote a letter.  It was very proffesional, on my work letterhead, and written in a manner similar to an official memorandum.  The basic nature of it, though, was:

1.  I realize that I had this issue on this date in the past but it was becasue blah blah blah.

2.  I am awesome.  Following are reasons why I am so awesome...

3.  signature

After faxing that to the credit loan approval dept, I verified that they got it and waited until a specific day the following week when they have some kind of meeting to go over such written requests.  After this meeting had occured, I received another call asking if I would accept $5k.

Can you please give me the fax number you used to send the recon letter? I just got the denial voice mail...

I might need to get into the garden for a while, I've gotten a few denials now for having too much unsecured credit opened recently. I've opened about $30,000 in revolving credit in 2 months time.

Message 12 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Because 

@ficojoe wrote:

Can you please give me the fax number you used to send the recon letter? I just got the denial voice mail...

I might need to get into the garden for a while, I've gotten a few denials now for having too much unsecured credit opened recently. I've opened about $30,000 in revolving credit in 2 months time.

Because I did the whole recon while I was at work, I don't have the fax info on my home computer.  But I just called them and asked for a fax number to send my recon.  The King Street office is small (this is their primary contact phone number that ends in 5000).  I would recommend calling them back and asking about a reconsideration first and then you might get a note in your member account and they can tell you if they will accept a written recon letter.  This would also be a good time to get the fax number.

I don't think this is an easy card to get.  I think my job gives me an edge over many other applicants when applying at any CU that primarily caters to federal-government employees.  Its worth a try though. 

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.