Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Question

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

SDFCU Question

I'm looking to join SDFCU so i can apply for one of there cards. They only way for me to join if thru american consumer council. Do i need to donate to them first? Membership is only $15 for a lifetime or will SDFCU auto enroll me once i apply for a membership? I'm confused lol

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

Re: SDFCU Question

No donation required.  There is a place when joining ACC that explicitly asks you if you are doing this to qualify for SDFCU (or some others, I think.)

I joined last year to get an SDFCU credit card, didn't pay ACC anything and have never heard from ACC again.

Message 2 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@frugal47374 wrote:

No donation required.  There is a place when joining ACC that explicitly asks you if you are doing this to qualify for SDFCU (or some others, I think.)

I joined last year to get an SDFCU credit card, didn't pay ACC anything and have never heard from ACC again.

+1 i did the same thing a few months ago and they did not charge my CC anything but i did have to put in my CC #..... Once you join SDFCU and become a member  they won't charge you

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@frugal47374 wrote:

+1 i did the same thing a few months ago and they did not charge my CC anything but i did have to put in my CC #..... Once you join SDFCU and become a member  they won't charge you

ACC membership is free once you join with SDFCU but you will need the ACC member # to join SDFCU

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 5
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Okay called earlier before you all replied and spoke with the CSR who told me to NOT donate to ACC and that once i join SDFCU and select ACC that it will auto enroll me. After doing so i received the "we will get back to you in 48 hours" notice lol hope she was right

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.