Contributor
Rkalynsmith

SDFCU Question

[ Edited ]

I'm looking to join SDFCU so i can apply for one of there cards. They only way for me to join if thru american consumer council. Do i need to donate to them first? Membership is only $15 for a lifetime or will SDFCU auto enroll me once i apply for a membership? I'm confused lol

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
frugal47374

Re: SDFCU Question

No donation required.  There is a place when joining ACC that explicitly asks you if you are doing this to qualify for SDFCU (or some others, I think.)

I joined last year to get an SDFCU credit card, didn't pay ACC anything and have never heard from ACC again.

Valued Contributor
-Wade-

frugal47374 wrote:

No donation required.  There is a place when joining ACC that explicitly asks you if you are doing this to qualify for SDFCU (or some others, I think.)

I joined last year to get an SDFCU credit card, didn't pay ACC anything and have never heard from ACC again.

+1 i did the same thing a few months ago and they did not charge my CC anything but i did have to put in my CC #..... Once you join SDFCU and become a member  they won't charge you

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Valued Contributor
-Wade-

Wade64 wrote:

frugal47374 wrote:

+1 i did the same thing a few months ago and they did not charge my CC anything but i did have to put in my CC #..... Once you join SDFCU and become a member  they won't charge you

ACC membership is free once you join with SDFCU but you will need the ACC member # to join SDFCU

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 813 (09/02/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 813 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Contributor
Rkalynsmith

Okay called earlier before you all replied and spoke with the CSR who told me to NOT donate to ACC and that once i join SDFCU and select ACC that it will auto enroll me. After doing so i received the "we will get back to you in 48 hours" notice lol hope she was right

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}