Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Regular Share Savings Account

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

SDFCU Regular Share Savings Account

So, I app'd yesterday in my journey to eventually take out a share secured loan to add to my repertoire of installments.  Spooky how their website is so similiar to NASAFCU!  Anyway, my question is..  Anyone have any experience as to how long the process takes for a simple savings account?  NASAFCU was instant and so was Alliant CU, so I am little vexed as why my application status says "REFERRED".  When I app'd yesterday, the page said to expect a call in 1-3 business days.  I am on day one and have already ran out of patience.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: SDFCU Regular Share Savings Account

@akula wrote:

So, I app'd yesterday in my journey to eventually take out a share secured loan to add to my repertoire of installments.  Spooky how their website is so similiar to NASAFCU!  Anyway, my question is..  Anyone have any experience as how long the process takes for  a simple savings account?  NASAFCU was instant and so was Alliant CU, so I am little vexed as why my application status says "REFERRED".  When I app'd yesterday, the page said to expect a call in 1-3 business days.  I am on day one and have already ran out of patience.  

I would encourage you to take a breath and muster up some patience. Not everything we apply for is going to be 100% instant, 100% of the time. I have been a member of SDFCU and have been super pleased.

Perhaps something was misentered on your application. Perhaps they couldn't immediately confirm your identity. Perhaps this, perhaps that.

Have you considered calling them instead?

Message 2 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@akula wrote:

So, I app'd yesterday in my journey to eventually take out a share secured loan to add to my repertoire of installments.  Spooky how their website is so similiar to NASAFCU!  Anyway, my question is..  Anyone have any experience as how long the process takes for  a simple savings account?  NASAFCU was instant and so was Alliant CU, so I am little vexed as why my application status says "REFERRED".  When I app'd yesterday, the page said to expect a call in 1-3 business days.  I am on day one and have already ran out of patience.  

I would encourage you to take a breath and muster up some patience. Not everything we apply for is going to be 100% instant, 100% of the time. I have been a member of SDFCU and have been super pleased.

Perhaps something was misentered on your application. Perhaps they couldn't immediately confirm your identity. Perhaps this, perhaps that.

Have you considered calling them instead?

This is what I was saying in another thread. A TON of CUs use Meridian Link as an API system to generate your worthiness. Their websites are also a provided package that they brand with their own CU images. Point is, approvals come from Meridian. Since you just signed up elsewhere on their network you are probably being delayed for a manual review. My CU SFPCU is on the same system. When I joined NASA I had to wait. Now I joined USAlliance, having to wait again.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 3 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Took 2-3 days before I recieved my new membership email for the savings account (SP).  Haven't applied for any credit. Just wanted to get my foot in the door for the future. Never got a call for any verifications, etc.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 16
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

Took 2-3 days before I recieved my new membership email for the savings account (SP).  Haven't applied for any credit. Just wanted to get my foot in the door for the future. Never got a call for any verifications, etc.

Just got off the phone with SDFCU, CSR told me that my app was moving along quickly and that the REFERRED state was just one of the steps.  Stated that it typically takes 3 business days.

Message 5 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

Just got off the phone with SDFCU, CSR told me that my app was moving along quickly and that the REFERRED state was just one of the steps.  Stated that it typically takes 3 business days.

Smiley Wink

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Check it out.

State Department Federal Credit Union
©2014 MeridianLink, Inc., All Rights Reserved.

SF Police Credit Union

NASA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

USAlliance Federal Credit Union

My guess is that once you are in the MeridianLink system, you will always have to wait for manual review.

And now I guess I should join SDFCU as well if I'm gonna move forward with my secure loan as well. Smiley Wink

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 7 of 16
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind. After my psychobabble, I got instant approval. Not sure how...

Apparently, AS IN EVERYTHING in the credit world....

YMMV.

Message 8 of 16
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@akula wrote:

@Anomalous wrote:

EXCELLENT! A quick call or chat never hurts.

Message 9 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:

So, I app'd yesterday in my journey to eventually take out a share secured loan to add to my repertoire of installments.  Spooky how their website is so similiar to NASAFCU!  Anyway, my question is..  Anyone have any experience as to how long the process takes for a simple savings account?  NASAFCU was instant and so was Alliant CU, so I am little vexed as why my application status says "REFERRED".  When I app'd yesterday, the page said to expect a call in 1-3 business days.  I am on day one and have already ran out of patience.  

Well i just got my debit card in the mail today.

I started the whole process on 9-24.

it took about 4 days. because of weekend. and i was done/. had funded my savings account.

next day. got message about minimums to open shared savings.

can fund it with a credit card too. but it might be a cash advance. so i declined that.

all this was to increase my score to get Amex.

Well i get amex yesterday without it.

So i will not open secured loan now. as next step in june 2015 is to buy a new car.

That will be all the installment i need.

But simple answer. about 4 days to get every thing done with them.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.