Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARS CITI CC to offer monthly credit score

tag
wowchad
New Contributor

SEARS CITI CC to offer monthly credit score

In my Sears (CITI) statement today I received a supplement saying they are going to start offering monthly credit score access in late Oct.

(What are the chances it'll be an Experian FICO score?) Smiley Surprised

Seriously does anyone know which score it'll be and if it's a FIKO or FAKO?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: SEARS CITI CC to offer monthly credit score

There was a rumor in the WSJ almost a year ago that this might be coming:

http://www.videocreditscore.com/sears-credit-scores/

This is post 3000.

Message 2 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

Its more than likely to be just another credit monitoring service that offers FAKO scores.
Message 3 of 22
wowchad
New Contributor

Not so sure about that DI.

In that link it says: "...holders of the Sears-Kmart MasterCard were receiving notices that they could see their TransUnion FICO credit score for free. And HSBC, the financial institution that manages the Sears and KMart cards (in conjunction with Citibank) confirmed to us that the rumors are true."

I sure miss that freebie info from my WaMu card and look forward to it again...as long as it's a genuine FICO score.

Message 4 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

@wowchad wrote:

In that link it says: "...holders of the Sears-Kmart MasterCard were receiving notices that they could see their TransUnion FICO credit score for free. And HSBC, the financial institution that manages the Sears and KMart cards (in conjunction with Citibank) confirmed to us that the rumors are true."

I sure miss that freebie info from my WaMu card and look forward to it again...as long as it's a genuine FICO score.

Will this apply to Sears store card that's backed by Citi also?

Message 5 of 22
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@wowchad wrote:

If it's the same flavor as the old WaMu score, it is a genuine FICO®, but it's the "bankcard enhanced" version, or PFICO.  It's already had a specific algorithm applied to the base score, tailored for use by the credit card industry.

At least, that's my understanding of it.  I do know that the PFICO from WaMu was not a match up with the FICO® score on my TU reports pulled on this site.

Message 6 of 22
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The same scoring factors are involved - the weighting is different. The bankcard enhanced score really does not like new accounts - this I know for a fact!
Message 7 of 22
wowchad
New Contributor

If SEARS is going to provide me with a TransUnion score, Score Watch is showing me EQ and EX isn't even available...well I'm all setup then!
Message 8 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

BLUFF BLUFF BLUFF  Not a FICO score coming from CreditKarma
Message 9 of 22
wowchad
New Contributor

When I get my ststement with the score on it I plan on plulling mine from here and compairing the two. I will post my findings but based on the link provided:

http://www.videocreditscore.com/sears-credit-scores/

It says; from the WSJ:

The Wallet got a tip that holders of the Sears-Kmart MasterCard were receiving notices that they could see their TransUnion FICO credit score for free. And HSBC, the financial institution that manages the Sears and KMart cards (in conjunction with Citibank) confirmed to us that the rumors are true.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.