Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEARS CITI FEE ERROR

tag
wowchad
New Contributor

SEARS CITI FEE ERROR

My SEARS CITI statement came in today and it had Finance Charges even though I've always paid it in full.

When I called them they said there had been an error in the system and I'd receive an explaination letter plus full credit soon.

Bad thing is that fee ran me overlimit and since it was on my statement I'm guessing it will be reported that way!

I just wonder if only everyone who calls gets that letter or if they really send it out to every customer??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: SEARS CITI FEE ERROR

@wowchad wrote:

My SEARS CITI statement came in today and it had Finance Charges even though I've always paid it in full.

When I called them they said there had been an error in the system and I'd receive an explaination letter plus full credit soon.

Bad thing is that fee ran me overlimit and since it was on my statement I'm guessing it will be reported that way!

I just wonder if only everyone who calls gets that letter or if they really send it out to every customer??

How did you go overlimit if the account was PIF? Was the posted finance charge that much?

Message 2 of 5
wowchad
New Contributor

Even though I pay it full every month I was that close to my measly $500 limit last month.

I had actually made a payment on it at a local K-mart that hadn't posted before the closing date.

That's a nice thing about their cards, you can pay right at any SEARS or K-Mart stores and it posts that night.

Message 3 of 5
wowchad
New Contributor

Sure enough the overlimit was on my frickin EX report yesterday! Man Mad
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Just pay it down. After the account next reports it won't matter.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.