Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECURED CREDIT CARD ADVISE NEEDED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SECURED CREDIT CARD ADVISE NEEDED

I am thinking of applying for a secured card with 5k limit to establish  a little credit. I only have a First Premier CC with $300 limit opened 4 months ago. What banks and CUs should I consider?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SECURED CREDIT CARD ADVISE NEEDED

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking of applying for a secured card with 5k limit to establish  a little credit. I only have a First Premier CC with $300 limit opened 4 months ago. What banks and CUs should I consider?

Thanks

There's probably dozens of decent ones to consider, but if you can get into Navy Federal or PenFedyou'd be doing ok.  USAA also has a secured product now and they are really good.  Try to find one that has a reasonable chance of "graduating" after a year or so.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on where you are, google up a CU in your area, which is a community CU or if your employes has a CU join them pronto and speak to the lending department, let them know you want a secured card etc...

I think joining a CU would produce better results then a bank... just my opinion

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Among Banks, 

Captial One only goes to $3K but it it worth a look, since they add unsecured lines. 

Also check out

Wells Fargo

US Bank

BofA

CIti

If you have very bad credit,  

Public Saving Bank is a good choice.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.