New Visitor
333omega

SECURED CREDIT CARD ADVISE NEEDED

[ Edited ]

I am thinking of applying for a secured card with 5k limit to establish  a little credit. I only have a First Premier CC with $300 limit opened 4 months ago. What banks and CUs should I consider?

Thanks

Senior Contributor
O6

Re: SECURED CREDIT CARD ADVISE NEEDED

333omega wrote:

I am thinking of applying for a secured card with 5k limit to establish  a little credit. I only have a First Premier CC with $300 limit opened 4 months ago. What banks and CUs should I consider?

Thanks

There's probably dozens of decent ones to consider, but if you can get into Navy Federal or PenFedyou'd be doing ok.  USAA also has a secured product now and they are really good.  Try to find one that has a reasonable chance of "graduating" after a year or so.

IAALBNYL
Frequent Contributor
MyFicoAddict

Depending on where you are, google up a CU in your area, which is a community CU or if your employes has a CU join them pronto and speak to the lending department, let them know you want a secured card etc...

I think joining a CU would produce better results then a bank... just my opinion

Aim to be fiscally and physically fit...
EQ - 723 FICO as of Aug 2010
TU - 757 FICO as of Sept 2010
EX - 742 FICO as of Oct 2010 (PSECU)
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Among Banks, 

Captial One only goes to $3K but it it worth a look, since they add unsecured lines. 

Also check out

Wells Fargo

US Bank

BofA

CIti

If you have very bad credit,  

Public Saving Bank is a good choice.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+