Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SF Fire Get points on BT till 10/31

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

SF Fire Get points on BT till 10/31

SF Fire Visa is 0% BT and my interest in 7.25%.

Until 10/31/2013, they are offering points on any BTs.  Since the interest rate is low and 0% BT, no harm in getting some more points by BTing over a balance.  However, I wouldn't BT a PIF account as interest accrues immediately (unless you pay off right away), and probably not worth BTing a 0% account.  But for others, I doubt you have much lower or lower non intro interest rate.  Points are worth 1% directly deposited into your account.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: SF Fire Get points on BT till 10/31

Any idea who they pull? I have them for checking (dont ever touch it though) and tried to get a CC back 7 months and 120 points ago.

Message 2 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Experian. I think you will be approved. But I think 680 for best rate. I know people who used quarterly soft for cli and rate reductions.
Message 3 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Because of ignorant personal loan rate shopping (didn't know they aren't counted like car loans) I have 21 inqs on EX (14 within 1 yr and 3 within 6 months) still think I have a shot?
Message 4 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If you apply online, they often use automated and outside service for approvals. I would not recommend that.

I would however recommend the following: walk into their main branch at California/presidio. Talk to the loan officer who will make the decision. You can explain what happened and probably even argue for best rate since those inquiries brought your score down because you didn't understand what it was doing to your credit. You can also reach them on phone but I think in person is good. Make sure to bring pay stubs etc. I helped buddy argue for 10k visa (by far his highest at the time) with 620ish FICO.

Btw, is there option for you to get credit grade online under records and information tab I think? Basically they will pull your experian FICO and give you score within range. Reason I mention is that if you are enrolled, then they already have your FICO and loan officer will be able to give you way more definitive answer on approval before even applying. That buddy of mine that got the 10k line would call after each quarterly credit grade (since hue was moving up in score) and ask for more CL and lower interest rate. Btw, next credit grade comes out at end of this month so you should do it soon if you can.
Message 5 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Wow! Thanks for the tip, I just enrolled in the credit grade and since it's quarterly it pulled my grade from June 2013 before I started my credit repair. Smiley Sad

D+

620-629

Message 6 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Wow! Thanks for the tip, I just enrolled in the credit grade and since it's quarterly it pulled my grade from June 2013 before I started my credit repair. Smiley Sad

D+

620-629

I would avoid apping right now.  Next credit grade is at end of this month.  If you can, try to manage your score to be as high as possible for that credit grade.  I think you are golden if you can get ot the 650's or so.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.