Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

SHOCKED!!!

[ Edited ]

A year ago I couldnt get a credit card company to look in my direction...I couldnt even get a Bank of America SECURED card haha! Luckily I was approved for a Capitol One secured card with a $200 limit which I steadily increased to $500 and then to $1,000. 2 hours ago I gathered the strength to apply for a regular unsecured credit card and was immediately approved for $8K!!! I was on the phone with the rep thinking she said $800. She said no sir I said $8K.

Looks like months of trolling sites like this and keeping up with my secured card is working. This time next year, Im going for the big one...a house ;-)

Edit: I got approved for the "Discover IT" card Smiley Very Happy


Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 690 EQ 734 TU 709
Goal Score: 760 across (Gardening since: 03/22/2013)

Established Contributor
Posts: 955
Registered: ‎02-02-2013
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

Wow!!  Thats awesome!!  Congrats!!


NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Regular Contributor
Posts: 117
Registered: ‎01-28-2013
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

woohoo!!!! Who did you apply with? Any baddies still on your credit report?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: EQ Fico 699 | TU Fico 677 | EX Fico 698
Goal Score: 740


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

congrats to the OP. 



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Established Contributor
Posts: 712
Registered: ‎06-11-2012
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

Congrats!!!!

I started my credit journey last year in July too.

I didn't know how credit work back then and tried getting a BofA secured. Denied! Took recommendations from CK because it said I had good approval for Chase Freedom. DENIED! lol

I googled around and it lead me to Capital One Secured. I did more googling and it also lead me to here.

I was so excited when I got my first unsecured card with a $1500 CL. It's nowhere close to your success, but it still got me excited lol

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Contributor
Posts: 591
Registered: ‎05-05-2012
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

Congrats! Your hard work is paying off. Nice cl, keep up the good work.
Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!


sarahcmgreen wrote:
woohoo!!!! Who did you apply with? Any baddies still on your credit report?

Yes I have 3 lates from 6 1/2 years ago, but for the past 2 years I have not missed a payment on my student loans and my secured card. I also recently got a jump on my credit score when i brought my cc utilization under 30%. I'm thinking all these helped but I was NOT expecting anything close to this, I would have been jumping for joy with a $1K approval.


Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 690 EQ 734 TU 709
Goal Score: 760 across (Gardening since: 03/22/2013)

Valued Member
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!


eviLution wrote:
Congrats!!!!

I started my credit journey last year in July too.

I didn't know how credit work back then and tried getting a BofA secured. Denied! Took recommendations from CK because it said I had good approval for Chase Freedom. DENIED! lol

I googled around and it lead me to Capital One Secured. I did more googling and it also lead me to here.

I was so excited when I got my first unsecured card with a $1500 CL. It's nowhere close to your success, but it still got me excited lol

Thanks and congrats to you also. I'm not sure why BofA denies people with bad credit a card that is designed to help people rebuild their credit Smiley Frustrated


Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 690 EQ 734 TU 709
Goal Score: 760 across (Gardening since: 03/22/2013)

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!

So who did you get approved with for the $8K?  Did I miss that answer?

 

Nevertheless, CONGRATULATIONS!!!


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: SHOCKED!!!


Supawest wrote:

eviLution wrote:
Congrats!!!!

I started my credit journey last year in July too.

I didn't know how credit work back then and tried getting a BofA secured. Denied! Took recommendations from CK because it said I had good approval for Chase Freedom. DENIED! lol

I googled around and it lead me to Capital One Secured. I did more googling and it also lead me to here.

I was so excited when I got my first unsecured card with a $1500 CL. It's nowhere close to your success, but it still got me excited lol

Thanks and congrats to you also. I'm not sure why BofA denies people with bad credit a card that is designed to help people rebuild their credit Smiley Frustrated


Because in certain cases that deposit can be taken for past due collections/judgements. 



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.