Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SISTER CREDIT REVIEW

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: SISTER CREDIT REVIEW

@Dustink she banks with Wells Fargo, she cant get a college card because she isnt in colege until this summer....

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 21 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

OP with those scores I don't think she'll be getting anything "prime", but if she can get her util down like you said, it should help her score and her chances substantially.
Message 22 of 43
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Sorry can't edit posts. She should be able to get the college card before she starts. Once she registers for classes she should just be able to bring in proof of enrollment and apply for it.

So have her go in for that card right when she registers, whenever that is. Probably still quite a while away.
Message 23 of 43
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@Dustink she banks with Wells Fargo, she cant get a college card because she isnt in college until this summer....

Banks are usually okay with giving out a college product in a situation like hers. She is at the correct age and shows intent to enroll. That is likely enough. That is all US Bank asked of me when they gave me a college product.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 43
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@TrishN wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/WOW-Mom-got-a-offer-through-the-mail/td-p/1802814

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/18-yr-old-SISTER-GOT-CLI-ON-OLD-NAVY-ACCT/m-p/1801776#M...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Parents-my-sister-and-I-are-getting-out-of-debt/m-p/179...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/HOW-TO-REMOVE-INQUIRY-FROM-TU-REPORT/m-p/1764990#M49110...

too lazy to pull all his posted. check 4 of them you guy see something not right !

They could have a thousand posts like this and I would still not see it as cause for concern.

This is the same poster that applied for the fingerhut account with his info but later received the email that his dad got the hard inquiry for the account (I guess him and his dad share an email). I have to agree that some of the posts are very bizarre!!! Not sure about fraudulent, but certainly very confusing!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 25 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Maybe like Dustink mentioned a small installment loan will help her credit even more. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 26 of 43
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Maybe like Dustink mentioned a small installment loan will help her credit even more. 

Naw, it doesn't help the score. Maybe in the long run once it is paid off, but it is really no help in the short term. Just another INQ, lower AAoA, and an account with high utilization right off the bat.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 27 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Alright well then for now she should let her current accounts age and get bigger CLs after that Maybe a joint in a SMALL auto or personal loan?? 

Message 28 of 43
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Alright well then for now she should let her current accounts age and get bigger CLs after that Maybe a joint in a SMALL auto or personal loan?? 

I see no reason for an installment loan, unless there is a real need for it.  If it is going to be joint anyways, then or sure there is no need for it. If somebody is willing to cosign when she wants a car, then she has no reason to build up installment history now.

Message 29 of 43
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Okay so then how can she go further from where she stands now? 

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.