Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SL Discover It vs Chrome

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SL Discover It vs Chrome

Does anyone know if the Chrome typically comes with a smaller SL than the It? I'm interested in the Chrome but I guess might settle for the It if the Chrome is considered a starter card by Discover
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: SL Discover It vs Chrome

There are 5 flavors of Disco:

Chrome

IT

Miles

NHL

Secured

Your opening CL doesn't matter which one except for Secured since you're putting your $ into it for your limit.  If you like Chrome then apply for Chrome.  They have the same UW requirements and will assign you a CL based on the info you submit.

The range for approvals around here can be $500-$22000.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my girlfriend applied for her Chrome in October of 2016 with no credit at all, her first card, they also granted her a 1,000 SL. She never had any other cards, not even a secured card. So I would perhaps say they are fairly generous with the Chrome? But she could have also gotten lucky, who knows. She had zero credit history when applying, and no regular bills in her name at the time either.

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive got the It, but i like the word Chrome better. Lol!. Was reading here somewhere that perhaps you can get the Chrome in black?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.