Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM - APR reduction :)

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SM - APR reduction :)

Well I called to say I "damaged my card" being my SM card, so I can get the EMV version..  Anyways, after I got that taken care of today I asked If I had an APR reduction...  They transferred me (good sign as the prior 3 months or so I have asked they check and say no) anyways, got transferred and asked for it and was eligible..

I was eligible and went from 20.99 to 13.79+prime..  Then asked for a CLI, but no SP CLI's ..  Anyways, overall happy about a lower APR, even though I don't carry balances.

So new card coming and a lower APR just in caseSmiley Happy...    Not an approval, but kinda since a lower aprSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: SM - APR reduction :)

An APR reduction is always nice regardless of whether you carry a balance. Congrats!

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's a hefty one too. usually they're like 4 points but dang good job
Message 3 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I agree and it is actually lower then their best advertised APR of 13.99 by .29% lol..  Weird, but I will take it.  Guess Barclay's is starting to like me.. didn't get the worse apr when I applied the mid-tier one, now have better than the best aprSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
that's a hefty one too. usually they're like 4 points but dang good job

Why thank youSmiley Happy..  My TU score has been going way up since two CA have been removedSmiley Happy.. Guessing that has something to do with it... Also about a year with barlcay's, but only 4 to 5 months with this card... Saw the SP'ed me a few days ago, so figured it was a good time to ask.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually when you factor in the prime rate, it's much higher than the lowest advertised..
Message 6 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Actually when you factor in the prime rate, it's much higher than the lowest advertised..

Ah thought the advertised lowest rate was apr+prime... My mistake.  Still a win, none-the-less

Message 7 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

So with the prime rate your APR is probably around 15-16 which is still far better than 20+!

Message 8 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

So with the prime rate your APR is probably around 15-16 which is still far better than 20+!

yeppers, still happy and a small win

Message 9 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.