Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM - BT offers galore! - Umm NO!

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: SM - BT offers galore! - Umm NO!

@JustBPatient wrote:

I get these all the time as well for my Arrival.  For fun I did one just to see what would happen.  My thought is if they were to take any type of AA against me then fine, you can have your card back.  I just refuse to live in fear of a CCC taking action against me.  Too many fish in the sea, so to speak.  Just my 2cents.

Agree.  It's no fun to have a card if you are going to be afraid of it.

Signature needs updating
Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT! Too many have contributed situations with BTs leading to bad things with Barclays. The other thing is getting 0% on BT but you fall out of the grace period and get stuck for high rate purchases Apr. May be stupid but I am not dumb.
Message 32 of 38
ddemari
Super Contributor

Barclays hasn't sent me any B/T checks in a long time but even still, they are one lender who I would not B/T with. Like others have said, it doesnt take much for the barclay sensors to get start ringing. 

Message 33 of 38
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:
NOT! Too many have contributed situations with BTs leading to bad things with Barclays. The other thing is getting 0% on BT but you fall out of the grace period and get stuck for high rate purchases Apr. May be stupid but I am not dumb.

Barclays doesn't treat balance transfers the same way as chase and other banks.  I have bt's on both cards.  I still get grace periods.  Asked how that would work, because most cards from barclays do not have 0% promo purchase apr when cold app, but do have BT offers.  They keep purchase and balance transfer categories separate.  They even have different time frames on statement.  So, they get a little money from moi, since I usually PIF before statement cuts.

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 38
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

Barclays doesn't treat balance transfers the same way as chase and other banks.  I have bt's on both cards.  I still get grace periods.  Asked how that would work, because most cards from barclays do not have 0% promo purchase apr when cold app, but do have BT offers.  They keep purchase and balance transfer categories separate.  They even have different time frames on statement.  So, they get a little money from moi, since I usually PIF before statement cuts.

That's great info!

It has bothered me that I thought I wouldn't be able to use the 5,000 miles for $500 spend offer that I got on the Aviator.  I'm going to finish my Xmas shopping with that card now!

Message 35 of 38
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

That's great info!

It has bothered me that I thought I wouldn't be able to use the 5,000 miles for $500 spend offer that I got on the Aviator.  I'm going to finish my Xmas shopping with that card now!

Yep, took advantage of the 1% BT checks at 1k, and took the offer of 5k miles for 1k spend.  So doing both right now, with usual grace period.  This why I am not sure about the fear here.  Accounts still intact.

Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get these, and the balance transfer checks in the mail, all the time for both my Barclays cards. I'm using one of the checks on my NFL card right now.

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Spider15 wrote:

Interesting ... I called a customer representative and they said I would get hit for the purchases Apr after the grace period but when I read the printed offer info it said what you have found to be true. Very interesting.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.