Not applicable

Re: SM EMV

Got mine Thursday
Message 21 of 38
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

Well, by coincidence, my SM card was fradulently used today at a Wal-Mart in another state (three times, to be exact).  They are overnighting me a new card.  Will be curious to see if they are issuing chip cards yet.

You should get one with a chip, I did.

Sallie Mae Chip.jpg

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 22 of 38
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@GetTheFico wrote:

@MASTERNC wrote:

Well, by coincidence, my SM card was fradulently used today at a Wal-Mart in another state (three times, to be exact).  They are overnighting me a new card.  Will be curious to see if they are issuing chip cards yet.

You should get one with a chip, I did.

Sallie Mae Chip.jpg

I know this is really subjective and superficial, but the card is actually much better looking in your photograph than the picture most people have in their signatures.  The blue color is 'deeper'...  I like it.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 38
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Did they improve the quality of the card at all? I love mine, but it's the lowest quality card I've got. I've had gift cards made of thicker plastic and it scratches very easily.

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 24 of 38
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@hizzaah

Quality feels on par with the old one, didn't notice much of a difference.
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone successfully requested an EMV upgrade from Barclays for their SM?

Message 26 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone successfully requested an EMV upgrade from Barclays for their SM?

Got mine today due to me "damaging it" in the washer/dryer.. EMV version..  Might be able to request it as well?  Just choose to use this route

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm, well since they clearly have them then I'll try emailing and seeing if I can get one.

I don't think Barclays do livechat, sadly.

I will post back with their reply.

Message 28 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Now need to push my Ring through the washer/dryer to get the EMV version of that..  Then only my Total Rewards is non-emv version card I have left, including debit cards..  

Suprised it is chip and pin as well as chip and sig..  Anyways nice to know they planned ahead.

Message 29 of 38
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I requested a replacement online when the updated image showed up on my account and received an EMV version in about 4 business days.

Didn't have to call to get one.
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.