Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM EMV

tag
Maximuss
New Contributor

SM EMV

Its coming! Saw this when i logged in just now.

Screen Shot 2015-07-23 at 6.37.59 PM.png

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: SM EMV

u beat me to it lol! I also just saw it logging into my account now... may probably call in to request the new design

Message 2 of 38
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

This one is on my wish list. With all of the updates to their other cards, I thought this one would get a totally different look. Maybe it didn't change much due to Sallie Mae's input.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 38
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm surprised to see that the "powered by barclaycard" logo is missing.  I figured they would have relocated that to the upper left section of the card with the redesign.

Message 4 of 38
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

The funny thing is I had just e-mailed Barclays this afternoon about when a chip card would be available.  Guess I beat them to the punch.

They told me the new card will be mailed in September.  I'll wait to see if anyone's replacement requests result in a chip card being sent earlier.

Message 5 of 38
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

The funny thing is I had just e-mailed Barclays this afternoon about when a chip card would be available.  Guess I beat them to the punch.

They told me the new card will be mailed in September.  I'll wait to see if anyone's replacement requests result in a chip card being sent earlier.

September is really only a month away anyway at this point, though

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Ring card a few weeks ago. Probably won't be getting the new chip card anytime soon. But the exp. date is only 2 years, so I won't have to wait long.

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Ring card a few weeks ago. Probably won't be getting the new chip card anytime soon. But the exp. date is only 2 years, so I won't have to wait long.

You'll get it well before then.  By Oct 1 all these cards will be chipped.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even though I just got the non-chipped version a few weeks ago?

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even though I just got the non-chipped version a few weeks ago?

Yup.  The liability shift for fraudulent charges starts Oct 1 so all cc companies will be updating their remaining unchipped cards.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.