Anonymous
Not applicable

SO BIG QUESTION!!! Please help!!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SO BIG QUESTION!!! Please help!!!!

Plus also i HAVE that advanced Fraud Alert that Specifis to call a Number i bought just in case someone tried, as the phone is unused will only ring if the creditor sees to CONTACT me at that number which is not public or on any CR aside from the statesments section.

Message 2 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Rollingstones wrote:  So I have a card that is 4 years old but only reports to TU!!!!! NEVER USE IT AND HATE BOFA! I recently saw a card called Bryant State Mastercard....pretty much given up on the BMW card since Eq wont comply!!!! My current scores pulled today were 767 Eq 727 TU (HAVE NO IDEA WHY A SUDDEN DROP?? And 799 FAKO EXP....One legit Inq on my EX, and EQ, And just refinanced my ARM Loan to a FIXED rate but bank pulled my Scores 4 TIMES!!!! same bank! Much better rate and was able to put another 30k down bringing the total balance from 566,000 to 101,400.00 in 1 YEAR!! So with aside from the cards i closed from CHASE/Bank One in Feb/March do you think i iwll get approved, Bank Sounds pretty legit, especially i heard with Generous CLs if you BT...i never really cary balances but perhaps I could Run more for my mortage thru one of my existing cards, And BT over for 0*\Percent apr and pay it off in 3 months?? i want a NEW CARD!!!!! lol I closed all the dumb ones, 3 newest ones, And Amex Delta, but for aging reasons on Hilton card it itll says 1989. So didnt hurt at all! ADVICE ANYONE, i hate being at the mercy of BOFA, AMEX, AND Discover I loveAMEX AND DISCOVER and my new GOCONOMY card from Barclays but heard from the credit anaylst not to make too many purchases beause it was a PRIME card and could shut it down especially becuase it was a RECON. SORRY SO LONG ADVICE????

------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus also i HAVE that advanced Fraud Alert that Specifis to call a Number i bought just in case someone tried, as the phone is unused will only ring if the creditor sees to CONTACT me at that number which is not public or on any CR aside from the statesments section.

Sorry, Rollingstones.  I can't even figure out what your question is...Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

aRe: SO BIG QUESTION!!! Please help!!!!

\

Message 4 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Sorry, Rollingstones.  I can't even figure out what your question is...Smiley Sad

I thought I was the only one having that problem.  LOL

To no one poster in particular may I make a gentle, friendly suggestion? If you will break up a long post into smaller paragraphs it makes it much easier to read and you might get more and better responses. For me personally I have a tough time reading a mass of letters and words without any type of break. Or perhaps it's just my eyes???  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 11
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Im totally lost as well. 

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 6 of 11
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Rollingstones wrote:  So I have a card that is 4 years old but only reports to TU!!!!! NEVER USE IT AND HATE BOFA! I recently saw a card called Bryant State Mastercard....pretty much given up on the BMW card since Eq wont comply!!!! My current scores pulled today were 767 Eq 727 TU (HAVE NO IDEA WHY A SUDDEN DROP?? And 799 FAKO EXP....One legit Inq on my EX, and EQ, And just refinanced my ARM Loan to a FIXED rate but bank pulled my Scores 4 TIMES!!!! same bank! Much better rate and was able to put another 30k down bringing the total balance from 566,000 to 101,400.00 in 1 YEAR!! So with aside from the cards i closed from CHASE/Bank One in Feb/March do you think i iwll get approved, Bank Sounds pretty legit, especially i heard with Generous CLs if you BT...i never really cary balances but perhaps I could Run more for my mortage thru one of my existing cards, And BT over for 0*\Percent apr and pay it off in 3 months?? i want a NEW CARD!!!!! lol I closed all the dumb ones, 3 newest ones, And Amex Delta, but for aging reasons on Hilton card it itll says 1989. So didnt hurt at all! ADVICE ANYONE, i hate being at the mercy of BOFA, AMEX, AND Discover I loveAMEX AND DISCOVER and my new GOCONOMY card from Barclays but heard from the credit anaylst not to make too many purchases beause it was a PRIME card and could shut it down especially becuase it was a RECON. SORRY SO LONG ADVICE????

------------------------------------------------------------------

May I ask why you are at their mercy?

Message 7 of 11
Peach8321
Frequent Contributor

Re: aRe: SO BIG QUESTION!!! Please help!!!!

Rolling,

I'm going to try and make sense of your questions and hopefully that will help with answers. 

You currently have BOFA and you don't like it, correct?  So you want to replace it...

Question 1: What CRA does Bryant State MC pull?

Question 2: Who underwrites the above card? Is it HSBC?

Question 3: Does the above card have a problem with inq on the report?

Question 4 (from your first post): What is the best card?

So my answers to the best of my ability:

1. Don't know, sorry

2. It is covered by Bryant State Bank. 

3. Don't know, sorry

4. See below.

Also, the card has a moderate APR, no rewards, but 24/7 online banking access to the account...

Might I also suggest that you divide your future questions out to make it easier...

From your first post, congrats on paying down your mortgage, it's also great that you have a fixed rate now.  And generally, if a bank or car dealer pulls your scores quickly together, it should only count as one inq, not 4.

Why did you close the Chase?  If it was because of the rate jack, that's understandable...although you mention that you don't carry balances so rate shouldn't matter too much.

I would advise against running your mortage though your card - most banks won't allow you to pay with anything besides a check/automatic transfer or if they do, they charge a fee.

I'm a little confused about what other cards you currently have...but you might consider looking into a credit union or perhaps another Discover...

hope that helps and hopefully other people can chime in!

Current Scores: EQ: 740 (2/7/13)

Starting Score: 799
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the diatribe wasnt meant to be a disseration.

1. Does anyone have a clue about this card and what CB they Pull?

2. I dislike BOFA and want to ditch it for this card, the rewards compared to the standard bofa visa platinum is horrible, especially overall having to DEAL WITH BOFA!

3. I DONT carry balances.....I said I WOULD PAY FOR HOUSEHOLD THINGS  i would need furtinture and new interiors from i dont know some, EXAMPLE WEST ELM, HORCHOW, BLOOMINGDALES, etc. rather tha5n running them thru my AMEX or Discover and PIF let my money sit in my investment account with JPMORGAN and accrue interest. And the card offers 12 months of no INTEREST.

4. I REFINANCED WITH CHASE, becasue my Investment manager at JPMORGAN gave me a good ARM, then refi into a good fixed 10 year rate.

5. SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION AS I WONT OPINE QUESTIONS THAT ARE APPRAENTLY STUPID SINCE, I MEAN YOU GUYS ARE FICO GODS, AND HAVE GREAT JOBS NO CC DEBT, AND WENT TO MED SCHOOL WITH ME RIGHT???

Thanks

Carri

And to the MOD if might add please just delete this thread. The Question is settled!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpnUp Does anyone want to be at the mercy of a few creditors??? Do you carry but only two types of cards in your wallet?? IF so hope neither decides to have a glitch and your stuck with a Debit card, which may have in my case only 10K in purchases your allowed to make, hmmmmmm wonder what id do if i were stuck in Argentina and decided to take my AMEX PLATINIUM card and then after 20 years of Cardmembership got a F/R. ID BE SOL. SO WHILE I LOVE BOTH AMEX AND DISCOVER, I DONT WANT TO RELY ON THEM, BUT THEN AGAIN CASH IS KING IN TODAYS ECONOMY, AND THANK GOD I  PURSED MY DREAM OF BECOMING A DOCTOR AND IF IT EVER GOT SO TIGHT IN THE CREDIT MARKETS, I CAN DEAL WITHOUT THE STUPID REWARDS, OR JUST CARRY ONE ISSUED AT JPMorgan. THANKS AGAIN AND MOD PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.