Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: SOOOOOO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

I pif my Amazon yesterday. So, let's see if I get a statement generated on the 23rd.

Message 11 of 39
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: SO UPSET RIGHT NOW!! No Walmart Statement Generated January

Opened my Walmart card late October 2013. This has been my experience so far in regards to statements:

- 1st statement closing date 11/12: made 1 purchase, paid in full but Walmart also applied the $25 account opening bonus so cycle closed with $25 credit - statement generated

- 2nd statement closing date 12/13 - made several purchases, paid in full, zero balance at end of cycle - NO statement generated

- 3rd statement closing date 01/12 - made 1 purchase of $20, paid $25, cycle closed with $5 credit balance - statement generated

So, 3 statement cycles, 3x reported on CR with zero balance, but only 2 statements generated - both with credit balances. Also should note that Walmart did approve a small CLI (from original $400 to $800) earlier this month - before this last statement cycle closed.
AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 12 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

You have to be able to see all of your transactions on your statement regardless of the ending balance. If they don't generate your statement then you can't see and document all of your transactions and I think GECRB is here doing something that is against the federal regulations.
Message 13 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FastForward wrote:
Opened my Walmart card late October 2013. This has been my experience so far in regards to statements:

- 1st statement closing date 11/12: made 1 purchase, paid in full but Walmart also applied the $25 account opening bonus so cycle closed with $25 credit - statement generated

- 2nd statement closing date 12/13 - made several purchases, paid in full, zero balance at end of cycle - NO statement generated

- 3rd statement closing date 01/12 - made 1 purchase of $20, paid $25, cycle closed with $5 credit balance - statement generated

So, 3 statement cycles, 3x reported on CR with zero balance, but only 2 statements generated - both with credit balances. Also should note that Walmart did approve a small CLI (from original $400 to $800) earlier this month - before this last statement cycle closed.

So if I pay more than owed and leave a credit balance, $0 balance gets reported to CRs but a statement will generate. Ok I can do that. I only want one of my cc to report a balance but I DO want a statement generated from all cards. Thx for the info!

Message 14 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Platinum wrote:
You have to be able to see all of your transactions on your statement regardless of the ending balance. If they don't generate your statement then you can't see and document all of your transactions and I think GECRB is here doing something that is against the federal regulations.

Does seem really quirky. I can see previous transactions and my payment when I click on Statement ending 1/13. But when I try to view under statements tab it says "no ebills". Which is why I called customer service. So now I know to pay $1 more than my balance to get a statement generated. So stupid!!

Message 15 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@Platinum wrote:

Does seem really quirky. I can see previous transactions and my payment when I click on Statement ending 1/13. But when I try to view under statements tab it says "no ebills". Which is why I called customer service. So now I know to pay $1 more than my balance to get a statement generated. So stupid!!

Yes it is. And to do that you won't be able to use their website since they won't let you pay more then what is your current balance. So instead of "pull" you will need to do "push" payment.

Message 16 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

Or pay $1 less than balance.

Message 17 of 39
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

I am still thinking if they are allowed to do that because: your statement is your official document and if you don't get your statement so that you can see all of your transactions then it's not right. Just my 2 cents. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

I agree Platinum!

Message 19 of 39
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I think it is how GECRB feels on statement day, sometimes I get a stmt with purchase & payoff prior to cut off date sometimes not. The only way to guarantee stmt is to let $1 or so report. I only advise letting it report if you are after a CLI. I don't go after CLIs on store cards any more much better to do so on your actual bankcards.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.