Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO frustrated ...Chase Disney.

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

SO frustrated ...Chase Disney.

We are going in August and I wanted to use the Disney for the perks. It claims discounts at restaurants, stores, etc. The lady I spoke with said it's been more than 30 days since I app'd so I'd have to re app and then call back. I said I was worried I'd be turned down for number of inquiries. She said she couldn't say until I re app'd. SO I did. Got the 7-10 Day message, called the recon line. She was very pleasant, but said she could not open the card for me due to the number of inquiries. I asked about moving available limit from Freedom over and she said I'd still have to be approved for the Disney first. I don't get that. If I'm approved, why would I need to move credit? Anyway, the decision was no. Hubby recently got the Amazon rewards visa. Would he be likely to be approved? He has two inquiries, but his score is lower than mine. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SO frustrated ...Chase Disney.

Maybe try again tomorrow? And the next day after? Smiley Sad

Good luck!
Message 2 of 12
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

The thing is you weren't approved.... You cant move a limit to a card you dont have...But i learned that many times not to listen to anything what most of them say.... You understand you credit and then you know somewhat of there guidelines why bother to ask them for them to tell you a lie which you knew was a lie in the first place..
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

We are going in August and I wanted to use the Disney for the perks. It claims discounts at restaurants, stores, etc. The lady I spoke with said it's been more than 30 days since I app'd so I'd have to re app and then call back. I said I was worried I'd be turned down for number of inquiries. She said she couldn't say until I re app'd. SO I did. Got the 7-10 Day message, called the recon line. She was very pleasant, but said she could not open the card for me due to the number of inquiries. I asked about moving available limit from Freedom over and she said I'd still have to be approved for the Disney first. I don't get that. If I'm approved, why would I need to move credit? Anyway, the decision was no. Hubby recently got the Amazon rewards visa. Would he be likely to be approved? He has two inquiries, but his score is lower than mine. 

How long ago was he approved and what is his score????

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't even worry about getting the Disney card. Just use the Freedom. Personally, I wouldn't have reapplied if they had never sent me a decision regarding the FIRST app and they just say to reapply. Talk about SLOPPY customer service...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 12
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

According to Chase his is 676 and the Amazon was opened March 31 to get a gift card for amazon to help pay for my new tablet. 

I'm just wondering if the Disney would help with discounts. I have enough cards if I need to charge anything I just like the discount aspect to it. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 6 of 12
Crisis
Established Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

Does chase PC?  If you're really interested in the Disney, maybe you could PC your freedom to the Disney.  *Shrug* just a thought.

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Recon it once a day till the end of the week hopefully you will get someone who will listen in this timeframe. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

According to Chase his is 676 and the Amazon was opened March 31 to get a gift card for amazon to help pay for my new tablet. 

I'm just wondering if the Disney would help with discounts. I have enough cards if I need to charge anything I just like the discount aspect to it. 

He may have a good chance at getting approved .

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 9 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:
The thing is you weren't approved.... You cant move a limit to a card you dont have...But i learned that many times not to listen to anything what most of them say.... You understand you credit and then you know somewhat of there guidelines why bother to ask them for them to tell you a lie which you knew was a lie in the first place..

+1. The only real reason to get the Disney card is for the financing on vacations. Otherwise you're better off getting a cash back card and it'll be superior in almost every way.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.