Reply
New Member
sindi
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

SOL for Colorado CC debt?

Just wondering--what is the SOL for Colorado CC debt?
For the last year or so, I've been called almost daily by NCO. Occasionally get mail--the OC was Sears. It is not my debt, and has never been--NCO is the 3rd CA to try to collect. I have years of correspondence on this thing.
I finally started paying attention to my credit about a year ago--pulled my credit reports, no negative TLs, my scores are high.
If I can only ask for validation within the first  30 days contact, then it is too late for that. Would a CD letter stop the calls? They are only a minor annoyance--I never answer the phone. . .
TIA
sindi
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?



sindi wrote:
Just wondering--what is the SOL for Colorado CC debt?
For the last year or so, I've been called almost daily by NCO. Occasionally get mail--the OC was Sears. It is not my debt, and has never been--NCO is the 3rd CA to try to collect. I have years of correspondence on this thing.
I finally started paying attention to my credit about a year ago--pulled my credit reports, no negative TLs, my scores are high.
If I can only ask for validation within the first  30 days contact, then it is too late for that. Would a CD letter stop the calls? They are only a minor annoyance--I never answer the phone. . .
TIA
sindi


SOL for Colorado is 3 years for open-ended accounts, this includes CCs. Since your scores are high does this mean NCO is not reporting the account? When was the DOFD (date of first default), this is when the account is 120 days late?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

New Member
sindi
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

NCO pulled my TU report on 9/13/05 as shown on my 7/19/06 TU report. I purchased a myFICO TU in April 2007, no mention of NCO anywhere. TU Score was 843.
EX (Oct 2006)and EQ (Mar 2007) annual freebie reports  don't show any NCO inquiries, let alone them reporting anything.
Before NCO was RMA (Risk Management Alternatives--apparently bought by NCO).
I have RMA letters back to Aug 2002.
Before RMA was a letter from Collectech Systems, Feb 7, 2000.
All correspondence carries the same Sears account (card?) #.
Don't know DOFD or any account details other than #--it wasn't my account.
I don't see where NCO has done anything CRA-wise other than pull a TU report before they started trying to contact me in Oct 2005.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Three years, eh?
Growl.  Might have to change my icon to something with teeth. . .
 
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?



sindi wrote:
NCO pulled my TU report on 9/13/05 as shown on my 7/19/06 TU report. I purchased a myFICO TU in April 2007, no mention of NCO anywhere. TU Score was 843.
EX (Oct 2006)and EQ (Mar 2007) annual freebie reports  don't show any NCO inquiries, let alone them reporting anything.
Before NCO was RMA (Risk Management Alternatives--apparently bought by NCO).
I have RMA letters back to Aug 2002.
Before RMA was a letter from Collectech Systems, Feb 7, 2000.
All correspondence carries the same Sears account (card?) #.
Don't know DOFD or any account details other than #--it wasn't my account.
I don't see where NCO has done anything CRA-wise other than pull a TU report before they started trying to contact me in Oct 2005.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Three years, eh?
Growl.  Might have to change my icon to something with teeth. . .
 


You can dispute the inq with TU but I wouldn't. Your score of 843 is the highest I have ever seen! Wow! This a FICO TU score right?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

New Member
sindi
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

Bought it right here at myFico, end of April. I was really surprised.
It's probably down some now, as I used my one and only CC for a purchase. It's now PIF, but wouldn't be reported yet.
Where does one find the SOL info?
The NCO calls are all machine messages--just an annoyance, really. But they do accumulate on the answering machine.
Thanks again.
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?



sindi wrote:
Bought it right here at myFico, end of April. I was really surprised.
It's probably down some now, as I used my one and only CC for a purchase. It's now PIF, but wouldn't be reported yet.
Where does one find the SOL info?
The NCO calls are all machine messages--just an annoyance, really. But they do accumulate on the answering machine.
Thanks again.


Which state do you live in?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

New Member
sindi
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎07-19-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

Colorado. I'm sure it's in the state statutes somewhere. A shortcut would be nice.
Thanks.
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?



sindi wrote:
Colorado. I'm sure it's in the state statutes somewhere. A shortcut would be nice.
Thanks.


Sorry, I asked the same question twice! Too much posting today.:smileytongue: I find the link and post it for you.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,374
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

[ Edited ]


sindi wrote:
Just wondering--what is the SOL for Colorado CC debt?
For the last year or so, I've been called almost daily by NCO.
...
NCO pulled my TU report on 9/13/05
...
I purchased a myFICO TU in April 2007, no mention of NCO anywhere.


Bankrate conflicted saying 6 years, so I checked elsewhere. It's a 3 year SOL.
 
§13-80-101
 
Because NCO pulled your credit in 2005, it's over 12 months old so it ain't hurting your score any even if it was a hard INQ. However, these dips might continue to try and harass you.
 
Since they have no PP for the INQ, I would demand a $1000 from them with a PMS letter. [Pay Me Sucker].
 
 
You can still sue them for this violation if you file before 9/13/07
 
Even though you are beyond 30 days, I would also still send them a DV letter. See the link to DV in my sig. A C&D will also work, but sometimes a desperate CA will lie to the CRA and claim the debt is from 2 years ago and stick it on your CRs. If you DV them, and then they try such a shenanigan, you have more leverage. C&D is good (when one knows a debt ain't theirs and they are out from under the SOL), but IMHO a DV is better. I think it leaves you more legal options.
 


Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-20-2007 04:36 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+