Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL for Colorado CC debt?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SOL for Colorado CC debt?

________________________________________________________________________________
Noah Wrote:

"Since they have no PP for the INQ, I would demand a $1000 from them with a PMS letter. [Pay Me Sucker]."
_________________________________________________________________________________

Can you post a sample PMS letter?Smiley Tongue
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the lookup and sample letters. How's this one for a PMS?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

In reviewing my records, I have noticed you placed an inquiry on my TransUnion credit file dated 09/13/2005.

As you should know, Credit Reporting Agencies treat inquiries as a statement of fact and will not allow a consumer to dispute them. Since it is against federal law (Fair Credit Reporting Act -- 15 USC § 1681n(a)(1)(B) for an entity to view a consumer’s credit report without a "permissible purpose," I am writing to inquire as to your alleged purpose for doing so. I did not give you permission to view my credit file, nor did I not apply for employment with your organization or request credit from your organization.

Based on the evidence in my possession, this inquiry was performed under false pretenses as described in the clear language of the law. 15 USC §1681n(a)(1)(B ) states, in part, "in the case of liability of a natural person for obtaining a consumer report under false pretenses or knowingly without a permissible purpose, actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure or $1,000, whichever is greater;"

You are civilly liable to me in the amount of $1,000.00 for your willful violation of the law -- performing a "hard inquiry" on my TransUnion file without my permission. I will accept $500.00 as settlement for this violation. If this inquiry is still present on my TransUnion file, you will remove the inquiry within one (1) business day of the receipt of this notice.

Any future inquiries on any of my credit files without a "permissible purpose” will be viewed as additional violations of the FCRA, and we will be meeting in court.

I can be reached at the address listed below.

Sincerely,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't hold my breath--saw somewhere else in the forums where someone actually won a judgement against NCO. They are still waiting for the $$. Send this letter CMRRR also?  I 'm sending the DV today.

Regards,

sindi

Message 13 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah, I was hoping for one in your words.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:

Noah, I was hoping for one in your words.

I've contacted both Mike Ditka and Bobby Knight for samples. I believe they are the true masters of subtle negotiation. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.