Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP/Auto CLI's

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

SP/Auto CLI's

any chance that SP and auto CLI's can cause AA.  I know HP CLI requests may indicate you are searching for additional credit and may trigger AA.  I usually hit those accounts that do SP cli about every 3-4 mos and most are successful continually increasing my available credit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SP/Auto CLI's

@ecxpa wrote:

any chance that SP and auto CLI's can cause AA.  I know HP CLI requests may indicate you are searching for additional credit and may trigger AA.  I usually hit those accounts that do SP cli about every 3-4 mos and most are successful continually increasing my available credit.

I seriously doubt it as long as your reported utilization is low.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: SP/Auto CLI's

It's never simply a matter of whether or not X by itself causes AA.  There isn't such a simple and direct causal relationship for any one factor on its own.  It's a matter of how the change and your entire credit profile stack up versus a creditor's underwriting critieria.  A CLI regardless of how the pull is coded can potentially cause a creditor concern if it makes them think you are too much of a risk after the change.  Where that tipping point lies varies from credit profile to crefit profile and creditor to creditor. 

tl;dr -- Is there a chance?  Yes.  Are you at risk?  We have no idea but it's probably no big deal to periodically seek out CLI's as you're doing.

@ecxpa wrote:

I know HP CLI requests may indicate you are searching for additional credit and may trigger AA. 

First off, reports don't indicate the purpose of the HP.  Again, it's not such a direct and simple relationship.  How much credit seeking may trigger AA all depends on credit profile and the creditor.  Thinner and poor profiles can generally handle less than thicker profiles in good shape.  Some creditors are much more sensitive to this (e.g. PenFed and pyramiding) than others.  X HP's can be no big deal for one and too many/risky behavior for the next.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.