Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP CLI'S

tag
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

SP CLI'S

I was hoping to get everyone to chime in on if they've received an SP or HP CLI either online or through the automated 800 system when requesting CLI's through the card providers below. I've read on several sites and threads that all automated(online/800) CLI requests are SP's. Can anyone confirm this?

SP/HP for a 'no CSR needed' CLI request?

Amex?

Discover?

Chase?

Barclays?

BOFA?

CITI?

☮ & ❤
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: SP CLI'S

YMMV, but...

Discover doubled my limit with a HP the first time. The online system prompted me to call in and they were very clear that it was a HP. Three months later, they increased it via the online request by 50% with a soft pull.

Chase is almost always a HP, and on more than one bureau at that.

Amex is a soft pull.

The others I'm not sure about. I am newly a Citi client. I have heard it's a hard with them, as well as Barclay.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 2 of 4
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

I'll agree with the poster above but add that with citi you can ask for a cli every six months, a sp.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 3 of 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@TheOptimusMan wrote:

I was hoping to get everyone to chime in on if they've received an SP or HP CLI either online or through the automated 800 system when requesting CLI's through the card providers below. I've read on several sites and threads that all automated(online/800) CLI requests are SP's. Can anyone confirm this?

SP/HP for a 'no CSR needed' CLI request?

Amex?  SP

Discover?  SP/HP (they'll let you know if HP is needed before proceeding)

Chase? HP

Barclays?  HP

BOFA? HP

CITI? SP/HP (they'll let you know if HP is needed before proceeding)

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.