Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP Chase CLI?

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

SP Chase CLI?

I'm on a mission to maximize CLs without HPing and without APPing.  For the next 60 days I'm going to be calling everyone and asking for CLIs. 

Anways sent a secured message to Chase requesting CLI for my existing SLate card. 

I received a reply asking for personal info, income, resident, etc..

I replied back stating that I am requesting a credit line increase but I am not authorizing them to HP my credit.  However, they may SP as needed. 

Just now I received a second message from Chase stating to better serve me they have forwarded my request to a different department and should be receiving a response by email in 7-10 days.   Am I asking for the impossible from Chase?

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: SP Chase CLI?

@Fico2Go wrote:

I'm on a mission to maximize CLs without HPing and without APPing.  For the next 60 days I'm going to be calling everyone and asking for CLIs. 

Anways sent a secured message to Chase requesting CLI for my existing SLate card. 

I replied back stating that I am requesting a credit line increase but I am not authorizing them to HP my credit.  However, they may SP as needed. 

Just now I received a second message from Chase stating to better serve me they have forwarded my request to a different department and should be receiving a response by email in 7-10 days.   Am I asking for the impossible from Chase?

I recently dealt with this with Chase. I've had Chase Freedom since June and just last month I applied for the Amazon VISA card. Got approved for it, and then I wondered if they could use the same credit report to consider my CLI on the freedom. After a few back-and-forth messages via the SM, I got a couple of the same things (we will forward your email to the right department..) and after a while, I replied saying that unfortunately noone is answering my question. They were asking for the personal information and they would see if my request could be accommodated. However, it states clearly there that they WILL pull your copy of the credit report. Finally, after a few days I got the email stating clearly that they will not be able to consider the CLI request with the same report.

My experience with Chase has not been positive requesting a CLI - even with a HP from another card issued by them with only 2 days passing since the pull. Hope yours turns out better.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 9
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@IamB2 wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

I recently dealt with this with Chase. I've had Chase Freedom since June and just last month I applied for the Amazon VISA card. Got approved for it, and then I wondered if they could use the same credit report to consider my CLI on the freedom. After a few back-and-forth messages via the SM, I got a couple of the same things (we will forward your email to the right department..) and after a while, I replied saying that unfortunately noone is answering my question. They were asking for the personal information and they would see if my request could be accommodated. However, it states clearly there that they WILL pull your copy of the credit report. Finally, after a few days I got the email stating clearly that they will not be able to consider the CLI request with the same report.

My experience with Chase has not been positive requesting a CLI - even with a HP from another card issued by them with only 2 days passing since the pull. Hope yours turns out better.

Yes I read that statement too.  Which was why I stated specifically that they are authorized to SP my credit report as needed.   I'm hoping and crossing my finger that they will interpret things differently in this case.  Smiley Happy

I'm not asking them to use a previously pulled report but rather have given them permission to soft pull a new report as needed.

Message 3 of 9
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Chase (anecodatally) allows 2 new cards on same HP.

It does not allow 1 new card + 1 old card CLI on the same HP.

CLI, unless offered by Chase itself, is always an HP. Anything else will be pure magic !

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ghoshida wrote:

Chase (anecodatally) allows 2 new cards on same HP.

It does not allow 1 new card + 1 old card CLI on the same HP.

CLI, unless offered by Chase itself, is always an HP. Anything else will be pure magic !

OP - regardless of what's in your SM, the Chase policy for CLI (unless you were specifically targeted for SP CLI or auto-CLI) will be HP.  Any customer-initiated requests whereby your information is provided is considered permissible purpose.  If you get SP CLI - act surprised.  Otherwise, be prepared for HP.

Message 5 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

As indicated by posts in this thread and many other threads it's an HP with Chase if you request a CLI.

Message 6 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

Be careful with Chase and CLI via SM. I tried this last year on my Freedom (clearly mentioned no credit check/hard pull) ..they instantly double pulled and gave me 500$ on my Freedom  but at least were fair to remove the 2 HP so I append for Marriott and got 16K ..transferred 1K to Freedom  and will never SM Chase for CLI anymore as they only read the title and not the text.

Message 7 of 9
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

Be careful with Chase and CLI via SM. I tried this last year on my Freedom (clearly mentioned no credit check/hard pull) ..they instantly double pulled and gave me 500$ on my Freedom  but at least were fair to remove the 2 HP so I append for Marriott and got 16K ..transferred 1K to Freedom  and will never SM Chase for CLI anymore as they only read the title and not the text.

Just got a response from them.  No go.  WEll worth the try . 

I lock all three of my reports for the reason you have experienced.

Message 8 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I always expect a HP for a CLI even if the issuer is known for SP's 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.