Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP for Amex AU card holders?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

SP for Amex AU card holders?

Are AU Amex card holders able to take advantage of other AMEX card apps, in that it's a SP if denied - HP if approved?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lee645

Re: SP for Amex AU card holders?

I am curious about this as well, anyone know?
Message 2 of 5
enharu
Super Contributor

from what I understand, if the ACM doesn't have his/her own Amex card as a primary member, all Amex apps are HPs until he/she is approved for one.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
from what I understand, if the ACM doesn't have his/her own Amex card as a primary member, all Amex apps are HPs until he/she is approved for one.

Correct 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
evil_ducky
Contributor

@enharu wrote:

This makes sense, as it is the primary's credit report that is pulled and later softed. Amex wouldn't have a report on file for the AU to SP for an application.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.