Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG American Express.... In Progress!!!

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

SPG American Express.... In Progress!!!

So, after over a dozen invites from both Amex and SPG to apply for the SPG w/ the 30,000 SPG sign up bonus, I caved and applied online LAST Wednesday.. Got the 7-10 day we'll let you status... So, I jumped over to their status site and my app sits in a "In Progress" state... Have not heard a word from them.. They've not asked for anything and to make it even stranger, they've not done neither a soft or hard pull from any of the CA's.. I checked all three today, and no inquires on any of them. When I got my previous 3 Amex's they hard pulled all 3 CAs for my first card, and then just EX for the remaining 2.. That same night AFTER I app'd for the SPG, I thought I would have a better chance if I closed 1 of my existing cards, so I requested that the credit line from the card I was closing be moved over to my only revolver - TrueEarnings - and she said no problem.. She transferred over the 4k CL from the card I was closing, then closed the card... That would bump up the CL on my TrueEarnings card to 9k.. So, I get off the line with her, check my acct expecting to see the transferred CL, no go... While the card I requested closure on was closed, the CL was not showing on the TrueEarnings card.. I jump on the app status site, and low-n-behold, there is now 2 separate line items showing as "In Progress". One is the SPG card app, the other is my CL transfer request... The rep never told me there would be a delay on CL transfer request... So as of right now, both are still showing as In Progress after 4 days... Has anyone seen this type of delay where apps or CL transfer requests just sit in an In Progress state, and if so, how long did yours take to finally get approved OR even denied? Right now I only have their TrueEarnings and PRG cards with a combined PRE statement balance of $800.00... I've always paid in full on all of my accounts with them...
$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mike1789

Re: SPG American Express.... In Progress!!!

I would call the backdoor number as soon as possible to speed things along, because if you get accepted after the deadline you will not get the 30k sign up bonus.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 - Chase Sapphire $5,000 - Chase Marriott $5,000 - American Express SPG 1,000 - BOA $900 - Chase Freedom $700 - Banco Popular secured $500
09/02/13 693 Experian 09/02/13 694 Transunion
Message 2 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Agreed make the call and good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 5
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Are you counting the weekend too? When i applied mine was in progress for 4 days too but they were business days. On the 5th day i checked again and this time said approved. I was approved for 4k. Good luck and just be patient. 

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 4 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Call tomorrow! If you are not approved by 5:00 PM EST you will not get the 30K bonus just the 25K. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.