Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG Amex questions.....

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

SPG Amex questions.....

Considering this card. two questions for anyone who knows:

1. Once you earn the 25,000 point sign up bonus and the points are credited, are those points "safe" in your SPG account if you close the card account at some point afterward? Anyone know how this works? I know you lose MR points if you close the card without transferring them. Wondering if these points are different since they're co-branded....

2. Was just reading the offer terms on the website and this is how it starts:

"If you are identified as a current American Express® Cardmember, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer."

Huh???? Anyone know the details of this stipulation?? The key word is "MAY not be eligible....". What's the deal? Not getting the bonus would pretty much be a non starter for me. Any experience here?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: SPG Amex questions.....

The points go to your SPG account.  You don't have to keep the credit card to keep the points.

Don't know what that term means.  I would think it only refers to people already having the SPG card.  I got the SPG card while already an Amex cardholder and had no problems with the signup bonus.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: SPG Amex questions.....

ok. thanks! wasn't sure. kind of vague.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.