Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SPG Amex

Does this card ever come up under Pre-Qual on the Amex site?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SPG Amex

Don't believe co-branded do on Amex site.  If you have an existing relationship with Amex then just apply as it will be a SP if denied and SP most likely if approved.  If you aren't with Amex then it would be a HP regardless.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC .... I thought I’ve seen posters say they were pre approved for Delta, but I could be mistaken. 

@op, the spg didn’t come up for me, but I was approved for it.

Message 3 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@Anonymous .... I thought I’ve seen posters say they were pre approved for Delta, but I could be mistaken. 

@OP, the spg didn’t come up for me, but I was approved for it.

You could be right...  Just going off my gut of what i remember, but at my age I am starting to forget more and more Smiley Happy.  I have never had a pre-qual with Amex, so I certainly am not the authority lol, but yet to be declined for an Amex with prequal or not lol.

Message 4 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I’m always prequalified for Delta cards, but never Starwood, Hilton, or the other odds and ends like Mercedes-Benz. The underwriting for SPG shouldn’t be much different from the usual revolvers though. I Heart my SPG.

Message 5 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I’m always prequalified for Delta cards, but never Starwood, Hilton, or the other odds and ends like Mercedes-Benz. The underwriting for SPG shouldn’t be much different from the usual revolvers though. I Heart my SPG.

I stand corrected one can be pre-qual'ed for other than Amex co-branded cards.  What I like abou tthe forum I continue to learn Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I stand corrected one can be pre-qual'ed for other than Amex co-branded cards.  What I like abou tthe forum I continue to learn Smiley Happy

Me too. I love being corrected because it’s just more knowledge! I wouldn’t really say you were corrected, though. As far as I have ever experienced, Delta does seem to be the only exception.

Message 7 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

It told me pre-approved when I applied for the Hilton card.  I was already a member, though, so I don't know if that counts.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all.

I was wondering whether it would be the same UW as the other revolvers. I haven't been Pre approved for anything or anyone yet! Though my EX score seems to be in the range to be apporved for a BCE, I have appd and have been declined 3 times now since late June (scores have increased in between each app). I think now that my score is in range I hurt myself with inquiries.

The strange thing is that all of a sudden I am receiving emails from Citi AAdvantage with an invitation to apply (2 times now, second time with an increase in bonus), yesterday I received the SPG offer, no invitation code and this morning one from United (but can't app for Chase yet). Even though I am members on all of these loyalty programs I have never been the recipient of emails with their co-branded cards marketing for me to apply.

Wondering if it's due to SP that have been conducted. I would love to get the SPG card as I do travel for both pleasure and business.

I just have 3 weeks to go before my NFCU first CLI and try for 2nd card, so perhaps I will wait until I do that. Otherwise, last week I appd and was approved for Discover It (small SL), but was declined for it back in early July. And, they pulled both EQ which is my lowest score and has the most damage currently, and EX which is my highest score. The letter that came with the card said it was based on my EQ information.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a pre-qualify for it and an approval with a soft pull.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.