Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG Gold status....big deal or no?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

SPG Gold status....big deal or no?

I got an email from SPG saying that I have been upgraded to Gold Prefferred Status for meeting a certain spend threshhold.

I understand some of the additional benefits but wondeirng form any of you that frequesnt SPG properties, is Gold Status worth much in terms of free room upgrades or any other good benefits?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: SPG Gold status....big deal or no?

I've been gold a couple of years, just hit Platinum, there are a few perks that were definitely nice, free water in the room, the occasional upgrade to a nicer room etc but the biggest plus for me was the 4pm late check out and early check in. That alone made it worth it for me.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 2 of 4
redpat
Senior Contributor

Plus complimentary beverage or wifi. Early check in and out is great.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 4
lukepwnsall
Regular Contributor

YES SPG gold status is worth it. The free upgades are nice. they treat you better. out of all the hotel status first tiers theres is worth it. if you have any questions my advice look up The points guy (TPG) and is valuation of SPG elite status.

TU 786 (10/23) EQ 794 (10/23) EX 773 (10/23)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.