cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG automatically backdated, CL question..

tag
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

SPG automatically backdated, CL question..

My SPG Amex arrived today.. Member since date of my original card, not this year. 

I was only approved for $2K CL, but I do have a BCP with a $6,700 CL.. The BCP will be eligible for a CLI in August, as will this card (61 days), however it is my understanding that you may only request an increase on one card every 6 months.. 

Should I do a reallocation, and if so when? Before or after the increase? 

FYI I do plan on doing a PC on the BCP to the BCE and basically SDing it.. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: SPG automatically backdated, CL question..

Bump Please.

Message 2 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

61 days then every six months. So if you do cli on bce in August, then six months after on any card. Alternatively you can wait 61 for the spg then six months.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 8
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Should I reallocate the CL to spg then go for 3X on spg at day 61?

Message 4 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Remember cli policies are per person and not per card. Probably best to just cli on bce and then move over on Spg card if you think that will get heavier use.
Message 5 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw why sock drawer bce/bcp? Cash back for it categories among the best. However, I would be giving some use to both amex's and try and get both of them to 25k or so.
Message 6 of 8
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

That is a great question. Star points are worth typically anywhere from .04-.06 cents each. Therefore this card comes out to be quite more valuable to me. This weekend I am using star points at a hotel, 6000 points over two nights for a room totaling $318, this works out to be 5.3 cents per point. I won't even be using my discover for bonus categories any more. I understand that these points are not as flexible as cash of course, but I live about 5 hours driving distance from several vacation hotspots so I am glad to have a hotel card serviced by Amex!
Message 7 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Wow never realized Starwood points were worth so much. Spg card is nice as I love the conversion to miles. Maybe that was mistake on my part as seems value is in using for hotels.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.