Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG just hit 35k Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SPG just hit 35k Bonus

Is this old news? Idk. Email this am. The struggle is real.  AND...is AmEx considering putting this gem on the chop block too since Marriott and their lovah Chase have taken over?image.jpeg

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: SPG just hit 35k Bonus

No I just received that email that's very interesting that they're coming out with an offer like that in the middle of a buyout by either Marriott or the Chinese insurance company. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason number 100 I'm learning Mandarin. Smiley LOL  你好 SPG!

But yeah, this is over $750 ish bucks. IF Chase continues to own Marriot, then SPG could change to Chase right?  Or will it be shared like Hilton?  IM SO CURIOUS.

Message 3 of 9
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

35k sign up bonus has been around for 2 weeks or so 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darkfrosty wrote:

35k sign up bonus has been around for 2 weeks or so 

Yeah this is an old offer.  Been discussed quite a bit

Message 5 of 9
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Reason number 100 I'm learning Mandarin. Smiley LOL  你好 SPG!

But yeah, this is over $750 ish bucks. IF Chase continues to own Marriot, then SPG could change to Chase right?  Or will it be shared like Hilton?  IM SO CURIOUS.

All the details of the buyout who's buying what is still being worked out.   If I'm not mistaken the points guy just recently stayed at the Westin in Austin Texas and by the way it's a very nice hotel I don't know if he stayed one or two nights but it cost him 27,000 points for that room. 

Message 6 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP, did you app yet?

Note that this 35,000 points offer expires March 30. Beyond that, there's no certainty about what will be available in the future, other than some time to earn the bonus then decide whether to use the points at a SPG or transfer to an airline.

And it's not a 35,000 point bonus. You have to spend $3,000 to get there, which means you are only $2,000 away from 40,000 points, and transfers to airlines get a 5,000 point bonus for each 20,000 chunk sent to the airline, meaning this is easily a 50,000 airline miles bonus.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

OP, did you app yet?

Note that this 35,000 points offer expires March 30. Beyond that, there's no certainty about what will be available in the future, other than some time to earn the bonus then decide whether to use the points at a SPG or transfer to an airline.

And it's not a 35,000 point bonus. You have to spend $3,000 to get there, which means you are only $2,000 away from 40,000 points, and transfers to airlines get a 5,000 point bonus for each 20,000 chunk sent to the airline, meaning this is easily a 50,000 airline miles bonus.

Pretty lucrative deal for those who use Rewards cards effectively. I agree NRB!Smiley Very Happy

Sadly, my reports are not up to par for this round and can't app. Maybe...someone will see these posts and realize it's a helluva deal for them.

Waiting in the sidelines for time to heal the wounds of fresh credit before my next strike.  Being SPG that's also a transfer to the elusive Air Singapore too I think?  Good card candidate for Asia Travel anyway.  (And Taiwan is on my list). It transfers to AA and that's a biggie for Asia. 

Message 8 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

One of my favorite deals right now and I would definitely app if it weren't for the once per lifetime bonus.

Not sure of your history with Amex, but they, along with Chase, care nothing for HPs in of its own.  In my experience, they don't even care about the number of new acounts.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.