Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPG or Delta??

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: SPG or Delta??

@Anonymous wrote:
Decided to go with SPG, simply because it's flexibility. I can usually always find flight deals but we spend a lot on our hotels.

I think you've made the best choice for the flexibility and the best rewards system out there since SPG points can be redeemed for 2.4+ and other valuable perks of the card

The only thing to watch for in the future is what Marriott does with the reward system but for now good choice IMHO 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 15
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Decided to go with SPG, simply because it's flexibility. I can usually always find flight deals but we spend a lot on our hotels.

Cool. It sounds like you made a decision that best fits your needs which is definitely the right call.

More than enough credit.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the helpful responses. I actually plan to get the delta but not for awhile. I don't want to worry about meeting spend bonuses. And it's been two years since I've discovered this forum so time to start consolidating and closing!
Message 13 of 15
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for all the helpful responses. I actually plan to get the delta but not for awhile. I don't want to worry about meeting spend bonuses. And it's been two years since I've discovered this forum so time to start consolidating and closing!

I hear ya. I'm gardening now and will be doing some consolidating/closing activity by year's end. Congrats on your new card.

I should have added in my post above that I rarely stay in hotels when on personal travel. I have hotel stays for work travel but will generally rent condos for vacations. So, I've never really looked at the SPG. On the other hand, the Delta status results in a fair amount of first class upgrades so that's why it got my vote.

Enjoy.

More than enough credit.
Message 14 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@NichelleN wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool. It sounds like you made a decision that best fits your needs which is definitely the right call.

+1

This is always important

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.