Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSFCU joins the 1.5% bandwagon

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

SSFCU joins the 1.5% bandwagon

I love to see the new card offers that members here at myFICO always get the scoop on.  I was hoping to share something exciting, but with perhaps the least exciting news in quite some time, it looks like SSFCU has joined the 1.5% rewards bandwagon with their Power Cash Back World Mastercard.  It looks like a standard 1.5% either deposited into your checking/savings or as a statement credit.  I think there may be no minimum redemption amount which is nice.  They do also have a few uncommon perks such as 120-day price protection (I think a lot of other cards offer like 60 days or something).  Overall, solid but nothing groundbreaking.

Just for background, SSFCU is a great credit union but geography limited to Texas, Utah and Colorado I believe.  I think they are pretty conservative when approving CC accounts.  Their Power Travel Rewards WMC is my favorite card because it provides 3.3% rewards for travel and dining, which are a couple of my biggest spend areas, along with low rates and no fees of any kind.  I highly recommend checking them out if you're in the territory they cover.  I think they may also take the award for longest average names on their cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: SSFCU joins the 1.5% bandwagon

Ugghh not another one! Security Service Power MC is my lowest apr card. Bout time for me to hit them up for a cli lol.
Message 2 of 3
imacreative
Established Member

Re: SSFCU joins the 1.5% bandwagon

I had the card as well - but at 10% APR, I decided to switch it to the lower interest one at 6.75%. I use this card when I need to carry a balance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.